Holley Sniper 2GC to 2F Adapter Idea just popped into my head. Might help someone :) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
I was chatting with @BenjaminCA on Instagram, and he was mentioning trying out the 2GC Holley Sniper Kit instead of the 2300. It was mentioned that the bolt patter is smaller on the 2GC and may pose some issues with an adapter. And right now, there is no adapter to fit the 2GC to a 2F intake.

That got me thinking... and I think I found a real simple option to mate the two together.

Before I get into it, I do have experience with the adapter I am talking about, so I am confident it should work. :)

First you buy two 1937 adapters @ 20 bucks a pop.
Amazon product ASIN B00068OQ1U
Then you make simple modes to both of them and boom, adapter child is born!!

First pic is out of the box.
1937 normal.jpg

Second pic is after mod #1 (only done on 2GC side adapter) (not actually necessary)
1937 adapter.jpg

Third pic is 2F intake side adapter mod. (notice elongated holes)
1937 adapter 2.jpg

Fourth pic is my crude 3d image of how they would mate up.
1937 mash up.JPG

This would require 3 gaskets (maybe 4 if you go with the stock riser)
But maybe, you don't need to run the riser with this because of the height boost.?

Not 100% sure this would work, as my brain maybe crooked.. The bolts may interfere with each other as there might not be enough space.

Anyway, thought I would share my ramblings, and perhaps push someone over the edge to give it a try!! :)

Last edited:
What is it about this Sniper that makes it more desirable than the 2300?

IDK, I don't think it actually is, but I do think people running earlier rigs, might like the smaller air cleaner opening as it's more in line with earlier carbs... and the fact it doesn't have as big of a footprint sitting atop the 2F intake. So perhaps less interference issues etc.

Again, I don't know if I would run one, but to anyone that maybe thinking about it, I think my adapter solution might work fairly well.

Nice work man! Right now I think the 2300 is going to work well for my intended application. A friend recommended the 2GC but there isn’t a lot of support for it yet, and seems like many have done the 2300 with good results. I think the 2GC just keeps the stock look a bit more than the wider 2300. The 2GC is also a little cheaper too.

Yeah, I guess if you wanted to use the old intake like I have on my 67 F135 motor this would be the Sniper for it.

I’ve got 2 2300’s with all the @FJ60Cam Mosley Motors adapters. Awesome units.

I’ve spent many hours pondering and talking to Holley reps about this very subject

My conclusion: there’s nothing to be gained with the 2GC Sniper. It still requires the same (or more) number of adapters for both the intake manifold and air cleaner as the 2300. And it costs more.

I think your right regarding the 2f. But I think for 1 barrel rigs, the 2gc might work. The 2gc air cleaner mouth is a direct fit to the 1 barrel 40 carbs at 2 5/8 inches. Even matches the early 2 barrel air cleaner inner opening. Also the height of the 2gc is 4 3/8 inches, and when you combine it with the trans-dapt 2025 adapter for the 1 barrels which is 1 5/8 inches, you get an overall height that matches the height of the OEM single barrel carbs.

So I think in conclusion the 2gc Sniper would be a good fit for single barrel 2 stud manifolds, leaving the 2300 for all 2 barrel applications.
The 2gc footprint is also much smaller than the 2300. Which is nice for clearance. The only thing I could make out interference wise would be the stock remote oil filter housing, which may have to be pushed out a bit further from the manifold.

I am currently considering getting a 2gc for my 64 project.
I have been doing some research and already have the 2025 adapter which I've used to do some measurements.

If I pull that trigger, I'll share the project with all of you.

Last edited:
I love the way my big window Aisin drives but there is no arguing the Sniper is the most awesome thing ever.

Man, see it is statements like that just sucks the cash right out of my wallet!!!!

Merry Christmas to me....."Sniper 2300"

Man, see it is statements like that just sucks the cash right out of my wallet!!!!

Merry Christmas to me....."Sniper 2300"

You need to get one. I would have 3 but my JimC carb on Patina is just so fine.
The minute that thing gives me issues it will be “Sniped” too.

I don't know if any exist any longer, but it appears the old 2barrel to Rochester adapter would make this work. Paging Downey, got any molds left of that adapter?

I agree, it would look better than the wide bottomed 2300. I ran the Holley 2300 for years, it looked fat on the manifold.

What is it about this Sniper that makes it more desirable than the 2300?
I was looking at the 2GC for my F engine because it looks like it would keep the air cleaner concentric and thus be easier to adapt to my factory F air cleaner which I love. The 2300 air cleaner adapters are $$$ and designed for 2Fs which I dont know if it will work for my application. I saw there used to be some people who ran 2GC carbs, so there must be adapters out there, but I have yet to find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom