Holley Sniper 2GC to 2F Adapter Idea just popped into my head. Might help someone :) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m assuming the bore is the base? In that case that would for the standard pattern adapters but have a small hole for early air cleaners.
Correct?
They do not have dimensions up. :bang: Id love to see the bolt pattern, height, intake side diameter and overall envelope dims on both. Just from the photos the fuel inlet/outlet locations are different and the intake side is different with the large bore having provisions for a center stud.

Just checked it out...
The small bore has a smaller base and bolt pattern. 3 1/4" X 1 7/8 and the air cleaner size is 2 5/8"
The large bore is a bigger base at 3.67" X 2.00" with an air cleaner size at 3 1/16"

Height appears to be the same.

3.54 x 1.96 is the bolt patter on a 2 barrel 40. So, you could prob get away with opening the the holes on either one and skip the adapter. I would prob opt with opening the holes away from center which would be the small bore.

But again, I would only go the 2GC small bore route on a older single barrel rig, vs a 2 barrel where a 2300 makes more sense.

Last edited:
4 3/8 inches high...

32802145-873F-4E1F-A5A9-6B3968915D12.jpeg

Picked this up thinking maybe with the Rochester style throttle body it may be easier to maintain my stock F air cleaner. 2” high plus 4 3/8 Sniper... It was cheap so no big deal if it doesn’t work out. TBD

Did anyone figure this 2GC to 2F adapter out? Followed the thread that spawned off this but it appears to be dead too? Less interested in the 2300 vs 2GC and more interested in someone who has solved for the 2GC to 2F adaptation. @thecrazygreek solution seemed solid but haven't been able to track one down.

Do you have a write up on that by chance or have any details on the adapter plates? I'll reach out to Mosley sales as well.

He has a kit for both. He developed the 2GC adapters to work with 2F/3F/1FZ

Sent an email, but no response
We’ve been developing these to work with all of the carb’d Toyota Cruiser motors. We ran an initial batch of prototypes, which we have pretty much exhausted between Nolen and shop projects.

We should have these available for sale in about a month or so for the 2F and a little longer for the 3F & 1FZ. We’ve also been working on the computer controlled distributor kits (for F, 2F, 3F) and will probably have those out at the same time.

I’ll bump it here for sure when they are ready for consumption.

Here’s the 2GC’d 1FZ in the wild:

4F7C924A-AACC-4330-9CC2-87EBA934BCAA.jpeg

32A0A315-6D58-4ACB-8F8F-D555590077B8.jpeg

Rob (our sales/shipping dude) just built a hot rod 3F and was the guinea pig for the 3F. He’s also running the Hyperspark computer controlled dizzy setup.

DC8E36EE-BF03-4BC6-920E-065819B1CE7A.jpeg

89244A8B-DE62-48C2-AED5-410BE7894C3E.jpeg

I was chatting with @BenjaminCA on Instagram, and he was mentioning trying out the 2GC Holley Sniper Kit instead of the 2300. It was mentioned that the bolt patter is smaller on the 2GC and may pose some issues with an adapter. And right now, there is no adapter to fit the 2GC to a 2F intake.

That got me thinking... and I think I found a real simple option to mate the two together.

Before I get into it, I do have experience with the adapter I am talking about, so I am confident it should work. :)

First you buy two 1937 adapters @ 20 bucks a pop.
Amazon product ASIN B00068OQ1U
Then you make simple modes to both of them and boom, adapter child is born!!

First pic is out of the box.
View attachment 2136623

Second pic is after mod #1 (only done on 2GC side adapter) (not actually necessary)
View attachment 2136625

Third pic is 2F intake side adapter mod. (notice elongated holes)
View attachment 2136628

Fourth pic is my crude 3d image of how they would mate up.
View attachment 2136649

This would require 3 gaskets (maybe 4 if you go with the stock riser)
But maybe, you don't need to run the riser with this because of the height boost.?

Not 100% sure this would work, as my brain maybe crooked.. The bolts may interfere with each other as there might not be enough space.

Anyway, thought I would share my ramblings, and perhaps push someone over the edge to give it a try!! :)
I am going to give this a shot! I just ordered everything, I'll keep you all posted on how it works out

Any updates here, I got an email that Mosley had the 2GC kits available, I've already got the sniper, just need the adapter plates to mount it.

Any updates here, I got an email that Mosley had the 2GC kits available, I've already got the sniper, just need the adapter plates to mount it.
They have them in stock. I was there last week and they had them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom