Builds HJ60 Snow white (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Samppahj , on mukava nähdä snow white tallista ulos ja erämassa :grinpimp: se on tullut pitkän matka 8 vuodesa ja hyvin tehtö kaveri. juu, minun dragonship rakennus on hitasti menosa kun työ hommat ovat rangkat. mutta sen on tulosa. tää vanha f¤%ker on aijatelemasa tulla kotimahan kevättalvella, olis ko ovi auki?
Kyllä. Ovi on auki!

Great job, great J60 story!
You inspired our future resto jobs!
Thank you Samppahj for sharing and enjoy your Cruiser!

IMG20240218155956.jpg

IMG20240218160007.jpg

It has been a long and cold winter. Couple of weeks in january constant -30deg celcius. Lots of snow also. Snow would be deeper without couple week long periods of + degrees. So no hurry to take the Snow white out of the garage.

But she seems to have everything ok inside the garage. No leaks spotted when charging the batteries.
IMG20231118155608.jpg

IMG20231118154826.jpg

It has been a long and cold winter. Couple of weeks in january constant -30deg celcius. Lots of snow also. Snow would be deeper without couple week long periods of + degrees. So no hurry to take the Snow white out of the garage.

But she seems to have everything ok inside the garage. No leaks spotted when charging the batteries.

Makes our winter down here in South Australia look so mild by comparison.. and yet I still whinge about the cold towards the end despite a complete absence of snow and nothing but a hoodie and extra T-Shirt to keep reasonably warm.

The build is looking spectacular.

Makes our winter down here in South Australia look so mild by comparison.. and yet I still whinge about the cold towards the end despite a complete absence of snow and nothing but a hoodie and extra T-Shirt to keep reasonably warm.

The build is looking spectacular.
People around the world have different problems :D
aah, mie nään että snow-whitilla on oma puku huone mutta siellä onpi joku musta vierailemassa :grinpimp: kaiki parasta teille kaveri
Samoin sinulle! Siellä on musta ja sininen kaverina ja eri värisiä pienempiä kavereita.

Did some refurbishing for the winch also. The one that came with the car was quite good but the lever and the knob was rusted and did not move.

Some paint after dismantling and cleaning.

That spring was the main reason for disassembling the whole thing. I wanted to get it yellow again. It does not show much when everything on place so well used time again. But now the lever and knob moves freely and nice. Had some new brake pads so changed that also.
IMG_20210615_205029.jpg

And finished product. Everything for the winch is discontinued. So had to make a new seal for the end cover. Found some oem look aftermarket oil seals so happy with that.

I have looked about 5 years for a decent trunk floor mat. Now I found it and had to take it home.

Wash.

And the result.

It became very clean compared to the starting point. Only flaws are very bad fading and a small bald spot. Also the edge lining has disappeared on the left side. But we will see if I can do something about it.

Along with the carpet I got rear seats. A nice surprise was that the corners did not have holes. I had the corner vinyls replaced earlier for my previous seat but it had same color and grain mismatch as the drivers seat. But now I have a good one instead.

As last pedals with new rubbers and brake fluid in.
I don't need to tell you again how beautiful that work is... very nice to see :)

Could you tell me how you made / where you bought the brake pad from? I would like to replace mine.

Thanks!

EO

hi mr. @Samppahj ,

can you please explain to me , the whole general tech. on a HJ60 & HJ61 as it relates to the early Round head lamps , verses the 4 later rectangle 4 headlamps like SNOW WHITE has ....

GHOST is a conversion front end from a 1986 FJ60LG-KA , on her 5/89 FJ62LG-PNEK main body tub & chassis below the JAPAN spec. sales brochure may help me understand this topic too ?

as always SNOW WHITE is simply BLISS ! :) :wrench: :wrench: :wrench:

matt

1709178929171.jpeg

FFB6E87D-6308-46D2-805B-DA02C5D29252.jpeg

hi mr. @Samppahj ,

can you please explain to me , the whole general tech. on a HJ60 & HJ61 as it relates to the early Round head lamps , verses the 4 later rectangle 4 headlamps like SNOW WHITE has ....

GHOST is a conversion front end from a 1986 FJ60LG-KA , on her 5/89 FJ62LG-PNEK main body tub & chassis below the JAPAN spec. sales brochure may help me understand this topic too ?

as always SNOW WHITE is simply BLISS ! :) :wrench: :wrench: :wrench:

matt

View attachment 3569760

View attachment 3569761

If you don't min me jumping in...

Round/square headlights are not related to the model code. It's just coincidental that in the US the round headlight FJ60 was replaced by the double square FJ62 in 08/1987.

The HJ60 has a 2H, the HJ61 has a 12H-T

The HJ61 and FJ62 were launched late 1985.

So there are double square headlight (08/1987-) HJ60s, BJ60s and round headlight (-07/1987) HJ61s and FJ62s.

Hope that answers the question!

EO

If you don't min me jumping in...

Round/square headlights are not related to the model code. It's just coincidental that in the US the round headlight FJ60 was replaced by the double square FJ62 in 08/1987.

The HJ60 has a 2H, the HJ61 has a 12H-T

The HJ61 and FJ62 were launched late 1985.

So there are double square headlight (08/1987-) HJ60s, BJ60s and round headlight (-07/1987) HJ61s and FJ62s.

Hope that answers the question!

EO

i need to read all that like 4 times and take pencil paper notes too ........ 😆 :wrench: :wrench: :wrench:

thanks it does ....

@ToyotaMatt
This is again notifications I have made here in Finland and our versions. As mentioned above by @Eurasiaoverland headlights does not identify HJ60 and HJ61. First 61 here were with round headlights and no diff locks. Then last year with round headlights had diff locks. And from square headlights all 61 and 60 had diff locks. HJ61 had "turbo" text in front seat back rest. And all had grey interior. HJ61 also had some cloth covered noise insulation "panels" in the engine bay, firewall and inner fenders were covered. Also cover plate on frame on drivers side were covered with noise cancellation material. HJ60 does not have them. Then accelerator pedal is different HJ61 vs HJ60. Original red/gold and blue/silver side decals were available only for HJ61. Fender flares, side steps also only for HJ61 and I believe only on square headlight version. HJ61 also has a extra cover plate in front of transmission cover plate under the car. HJ 61 has red "turbo" emblem in front grill HJ60 has a chrome "diesel" emblem. Also all HJ60 were fitted with winch and HJ61 was not. All had PTO. Otherwise pretty much same car HJ60 vs. HJ61. All were 6 person except for High Roof versions were 8 person. So High roofs were with 2 front seats. All others were with wide 2 pers. bech seat for passengers. Also all High Roofs were HJ60. HJ61 version of High Roof was not available in Finland. And not a single VX model were imported (I believe so at least) all were GX versions. Some HJ61 had electric windows, central locking and ac. Ac was very rare. And maybe some had chrome bumpers. 15" chrome wheels were also fitted to some imported along with fender flares and side steps. And every 60 series here are with lift up boot lid. Ambulace doors was not a option here.

I can dig out some brochures later and add some photos of them.

@ToyotaMatt
This is again notifications I have made here in Finland and our versions. As mentioned above by @Eurasiaoverland headlights does not identify HJ60 and HJ61. First 61 here were with round headlights and no diff locks. Then last year with round headlights had diff locks. And from square headlights all 61 and 60 had diff locks. HJ61 had "turbo" text in front seat back rest. And all had grey interior. HJ61 also had some cloth covered noise insulation "panels" in the engine bay, firewall and inner fenders were covered. Also cover plate on frame on drivers side were covered with noise cancellation material. HJ60 does not have them. Then accelerator pedal is different HJ61 vs HJ60. Original red/gold and blue/silver side decals were available only for HJ61. Fender flares, side steps also only for HJ61 and I believe only on square headlight version. HJ61 also has a extra cover plate in front of transmission cover plate under the car. HJ 61 has red "turbo" emblem in front grill HJ60 has a chrome "diesel" emblem. Also all HJ60 were fitted with winch and HJ61 was not. All had PTO. Otherwise pretty much same car HJ60 vs. HJ61. All were 6 person except for High Roof versions were 8 person. So High roofs were with 2 front seats. All others were with wide 2 pers. bech seat for passengers. Also all High Roofs were HJ60. HJ61 version of High Roof was not available in Finland. And not a single VX model were imported (I believe so at least) all were GX versions. Some HJ61 had electric windows, central locking and ac. Ac was very rare. And maybe some had chrome bumpers. 15" chrome wheels were also fitted to some imported along with fender flares and side steps. And every 60 series here are with lift up boot lid. Ambulace doors was not a option here.

I can dig out some brochures later and add some photos of them.

hi mr. Sampphj...:):wrench::wrench:

i have always wanted to make and create a compressive all things 60 series large SHOP Poster / Banner , Exactly in a Global Format TOYOTA called the ? Vehicle Identifikation Modle Chart , that were approx. 36" wide x 28ish " inches tall , they had a super detailed black and white image of the MODLE ID code and sorts of phun filled facts , pro dates too

i do think many survive today because each Toyota dealer parts dept received only qty x 2 a year , by that life cycle it

i never thought to actually order a take home souvenir factory sealed in its plastic tarp type wrapping ?

one ....... :D

is there another TOYOTA Vehicle platform anything car or truck globally that can be a same modle like a HJ60 or HJ61 and also have round or square head lamps ??

i am thinking hard now , i can't think of a single one ?

hummmmm.......

oh btw ....

i have made my first full production run batch of Snow Whites / HJ60 modle ID code Fusible links , i would like to mail you a pair , one for active use when needed and a spare to be zip-tied under the hood ....

she deserves only the BEST YAZAKI from me , GHOST insisted , and says to say HI to SNOW WHITE too .... :cool:

check this out below , i preformed my Factory FSM by the book De-Smog , faintly complete .....

you like the fresh sparky engine bay updates

and
" OEM Options Upgrades "
i chose to roll with on GHOST ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom