Hinge rebuild service - maybe??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need to find some factory hinges...My fronts have already had the "napa" fix. Not terribly happy with it IMO.

many thanks. I have a couple of hinges that are slightly different and slightly broken. They must be from a pre 72 model. They do not look like anything that I have rebuilt before.

we are down to 4 hinges in the shop. if someone wants to get some redone, it is time to jump in. so, no complaints. $80 per door. if you are a satisfied customer, please chime in.

I will chime in. These are just plain frigging awesome. I sent in a pair of beat up hinges and the level of workmanship is outstanding. Great job!

James,

Ty is sending the core hinges from the part out he's acquired to fulfill my obligation to provide. A more efficient and economical approach than having Robbie swap, since he has his hands full.

One off my list of to dos. Two more to go.

Chris

James,
On Friday I put my hinges (and $) in the post and you should be receiving them this week.
-Jake

i got a box yestetday. i will open today, and see if it is from you. we will not be able to start until thursday, due to the move. thanks.

20140415_094041.jpg
20140415_094049.jpg

OldBeachBob's hinges going out today. Beautiful when compared to how they looked when they came in.... If anyone is interested. $80 per door and that includes return shipping. No drilling out any metal, new spring, and new brass bushings.

I'm excited - no more slamming the door over and over again. Better yet no more the door opening while driving if I lean a knee on it. Whoo Hoo!!!!

Thanks they look terrific! Special Thanks to nuclearlemon for the hinges. I've got a set (lost somewhere in the move to Boise) when I find them I'll post them up to pay forward to someone else with a scary drivers door!

Checking in with you guys after being offline for awhile. We are still rebuilding hinges. If anyone is interested, it is $80 per door including shipping to the lower 48. I will post photos again of the latest rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom