Help with 6 lug wheels on 1987 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1987 Toyota pickup.jpg
Hub.jpg
Tire.jpg
Warranty sticker.jpg
Hello-

I need to pull an abandoned 1987 Toyota 4x4 pickup off a friend's property as a favor. It's missing the tires and rims. It has a six lug pattern. Can anyone suggest some rims for this thing so I can put some tires on it to haul it off?

The VIN is JT4RN63S2H0150499. The warranty sticker says the rims are 15 x 6 JJ rims but all the tires laying on the ground have a five lug pattern, although those might be for the abandoned Chevy Silverado pickup that's parked next to it.

If anyone can also help with which model pickup this is that'd be wonderful.

Thanks

Last edited:
Chevy or Yota 6 lug

That front suspension is not factory. Coilovers? :confused:

Chevy or Yota 6 lug

What he said. 6x5.5 bolt pattern. Common Toyota and Chevy. Should be dime a dozen at a u-pull.

It isn't in the correct spot. I'd doubt it as that whole front suspension isn't factory at all. It looks like the tie rods are on the back of the knuckle.

Its an early cab on a taco frame.

Well what do ya know? Good spot, I think you are right, though I agree the caliper looks goofy (broken?). If so, that VIN tag on the B-pillar won't match the VIN on the frame. Not kosher.

If you are just moving the truck, why not remove the hubs and use chevy rims if the bore is too small?

I picked up a 15" steel 6 lug trailer wheel at our local Fountain Tire that fits fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom