HELP! Where is Intake Air Temperature Sensor on a 1994 FJ 80 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I keep getting a check engine light CODE 24 (Intake Air Temperature Sensor) after my car warms up to normal driving temp and driving a few miles. Can someone please help where I can find it to fix the issue. When light turns on the idle only goes up a little bit but other then that engine runs normal.

Please help I have check every cable and sensor and all seem to be in good working condition.

Thank you all!

Built into the air flow meter

Pull your connector at the AFM and spray contact cleaner on both ends, or brake cleaner, reinstall, see what happens.

AFM connector is on the air filter assembly. I have a 94, too.

Reset your ECU before you fire back up. Disconnect one battery terminal for ten minutes, reconnect, or pull your EFI fuse for ten minutes.

If you don't feel like waiting ten minutes, connect one battery terminal to the other for twenty seconds to dump the data, reconnect, see what happens.

If you don't feel like waiting ten minutes, connect one battery terminal to the other for twenty seconds to dump the data, reconnect, see what happens.

Ummmm what?

Ummmm what?
It's the quickest way to clear the codes. Disconnect one terminal, use a jumper to connect the two terminals for twenty seconds. Reconnect the terminal. Grounding the ECU dumps the data. Fighter jets utilize a switch to do this.

Thank You all for the reply

I have pulled the ECU fuse and disconnected battery terminals to reset codes and it still lights up after it drives around. I will try cleaning the AFM and see if that helps.

I forgot to ask is there a temperature sensor on the Throttle Position Sensor or Idle Control Sensor I recently replaced both and want to make sure they are not causing the issue either.

Focus on your AFM. "Barn Door" as we called it in the Porsche 928 world. This is where your temp sensor is located. Clean your contacts now.

There are troubleshooting procedures specifically for the AFM in the factory service manual. You need a multi meter

Fighter jets utilize a switch to do this.

Landcruisers aren't fighter jets

You are aware there is an "edit" function to add things you forgot to posts, right?

Going out on a limb here. Is it possible to clean the temp sensor, say with MAF cleaner? That's what I would do after cleaning the contacts.

Landcruisers aren't fighter jets

You are aware there is an "edit" function to add things you forgot to posts, right?
The switch provides a ground to dump the data, which is the same as jumping the disconnected positive battery terminal to the ground terminal.

I wouldn't waste your time with the AFM. Clean the contacts then test per the FSM, if its out of spec replace it. the AFM's are "dumb" compared to a MAF.

For all you boys who keep saying the LC is not a fighter jet, do you know where automotive technology comes from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom