For Sale HDJ100...a diesel 100, located in Montreal, Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi,

Playing with the idea of letting my HDJ100 go, it is simply not being used as it should be. As far as i am concerned it is the only one in north America, still registered as a V8, originally sold in USA, i think it should be easy to import back in the USA. The UZJ100 originally bought from Asheville in SC, imported to Canada, entirely and properly swap with a HDJ100 from France. No fabrication, no harness hack, it is basicly a fully original HDJ100 with minor characteristics from a UZJ100. Buyer will mostlikely be a cruiser head. Price wise, i have not put a final number. But keep this in mind; i believe it is the only one in North America.....

Things the HDJ100 has and the UZJ100 has not;
- power heater, pump that will quickly heat your coolant for cold weather
- Rear locker
- AHC suepension (with brand new accumulators)

Mod; webasto with programmable control, Kenwood head unit with garmin gps. I have summer tire and winter tires on 9 original 100 serie mag.

I have all imaginable information for maintenance, i have cable and coupled with toyota techstream loaded for europeen market you will read ECU. complete EWD.

swap thread HDJ100 swap

257000km or 161k miles on the clock. But body had about 160k miles when swapped and i added about 65k miles

PM for more info, please do not fill my box with curiosity, if you think you cannot afford a one of a kind truck, move on.

Video, IT IS NOT THAT LOUD IN CABINE, a microphone was placed right next to air filter under the hood.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Last edited:
Your wife is making you sell this isn't she? WOW IS THAT LOUD!!!

SOUND IS FROM ENGINE BAY, IT IS JUST ALMOST AS QUIET AS A REGULAR V8 IN CABINE

;)

Very cool swap!
How much?

Price wise, lets say and start with the fact that when finished around december 2010 it costed me near 40k, plus a other 5k into it. I dont expect to get that much, but heck you never know, it is "unique"!

I kinda thought the rules say a price must be posted. :ban:

I sold my American spec 80 with the 1HDFT and 5 speed manual Proffitts conversion for $25k
Basically the same motor in your 100 except yours had the electronic fuel injection and an auto
So are you thinking in the ballpark of that or higher?

Hard to budget when we don't know how much you want!

Other then being a straight 6, 4.2L with probably some casting, it is not "basically the same", it runs quieter, more powerfull and many other things. I have a friend here with a RHD 80 with 1HD-FT engine and difference is night and day. you just can't compare.
And if you are ready to get a chip from europe, tune it, exhaust and all, you can turn this thing into a monster. Heck Toyota won the dakar in its class with it.

Also there are quit a few 80 with diesel around, this HDJ is unique. And if you want one, let me just say, that your options......are very very limited, if non existant... ;)

I sold my American spec 80 with the 1HDFT and 5 speed manual Proffitts conversion for $25k
Basically the same motor in your 100 except yours had the electronic fuel injection and an auto
So are you thinking in the ballpark of that or higher?

Hard to budget when we don't know how much you want!

Last edited:
If rules say a price is required, sorry didn't know, please move the thread to 100 serie cruiser.

Thank you

I was just comparing the numbers between the FT and FTE on Wikipedia.
The output numbers look very similar but having never driven one I can't really comment.
I'm sure with those mods to the motor you mentioned it would rip!
PM me the ballpark figure you have in your mind and I'll see if the numbers are do-able

BTW 1HD-FT are rated 168hp, the intercooled 1HD-FTE (what i have) is rated 202 hp

I was just comparing the numbers between the FT and FTE on Wikipedia.
The output numbers look very similar but having never driven one I can't really comment.
I'm sure with those mods to the motor you mentioned it would rip!
PM me the ballpark figure you have in your mind and I'll see if the numbers are do-able

The HDFT-E's are actually quieter than the earlier motors (HD-T and HDFT). I have driven one and they pull nicely through every gear (5 speed manual) honestly. At idle, there is little (if any) diesel smoke or smell. Super quiet, strong and no diesel smell.

Eric did a nice job swapping this over.

no work fine, always ran like this. This engine has ran flawlessly for the last 5 years

What year model is it? Didn't see that in the post anywhere.

Registration is a 2001, the UZJ100 was and is a 2001, the HDJ100 was 1999 or 2000, not sure , but manufactured 06/1999. see HDJ plate below

IMG_1767.JPG

That makes sense. Did you swap factory rear locker on it? US spec 100 series didn't have lockers after 1999.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom