HAMOM request - slider install - 06Jan2024 - UPDATE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
UPDATE 05Jan2024: The HAMOM is on! Saturday 06 January 2024.

Address:
5416 Penny Road
Raleigh, NC 27606

From Ryan: my house is the small brickhouse on the corner. My driveway runs between my house and the small white house next door. You'll see a detached 2-car garage in back.

Festivities start at 2pm. There will be beer, however feel free to bring more to share.

Cheers

Hope I'm doing this right. I'd appreciate some help installing sliders on my GX460. I think I have enough space in my garage to host the event and I'm located in Apex. The slider install doesn't look too complicated, however prepping the rocker panel trim looks to be the most tedious and requires a cutting wheel and also some encouragement as I cut pieces off my Lexus! This will likely be a January project as I just ordered the sliders and they are not expected to get here until some time in December, but figured it would be smart to get something scheduled in advance. What's the best option for dates; week day evening or weekend? I travel during most weeks, so a weekend would be better for me, but I don't want to take weekend time away from anyone if a week day would be more convenient? I could make a Monday or Friday work if need be.
Here's the sliders I ordered.
And here are the installation instructions.

As for incentive, I am a homebrewer and would be happy to provide beer on tap, any requests? Plus would have food available.

TIA

Jason

Last edited:
Thanks all. To put a date on the calendar, I'll suggest Saturday, January 13.

@xychromosome January 13th would work for me. I am happy to host this at my place. I have a decent size 2-car shop that allows for plenty of people to access the truck and move around freely. Lots of parking. Also we can do a big fire. I'm not too far from your place adjacent to Lake Wheeler.

Not trying to hijack your HAMOM, just throwing it out there as an option.

Hijack away! Thanks Ryan, that sounds like a great option, thanks for the offer.

I've got a friend coming in from out of town that weekend. Can't do it.

Hate to miss a party at Ryan's!!

Don’t forget to mention the excellent fire pit and wood (fuel) supply.

I currently have plans to be in NC that week but fly out the evening of the 11th, I’ll see about changing my flight to Sunday morning.

I'd be on board for helping, if for no other reason than to meet some of the local members and get some info on the club. I'm in Fuquay and have a good background in fabrication and building vehicles. If it's not too cold, I'll even bring my FJ40 to show y'all (I'm working on the hard top currently, so it's open air). LOL

i will swing by if I’m in town.

We specialize in solid axle swaps and Ute chops, which one would you like? It’s good to note that we only do the easy part during the hamom and the owner is always left with a giant mess to clean up.
I can verify this.

CEF46F5B-59E0-444E-BF95-57E2B25F9FFF.jpeg

I'd be on board for helping, if for no other reason than to meet some of the local members and get some info on the club. I'm in Fuquay and have a good background in fabrication and building vehicles. If it's not too cold, I'll even bring my FJ40 to show y'all (I'm working on the hard top currently, so it's open air). LOL

Is this you?
Food Lion in Fuquay (April 2018)
1699994170268.png

Fellas, sorry, but I need to bump the date of this HAMOM. I'm scheduled for getting my knee scoped on 12 Jan, so I don't imagine I'll be too mobile on the 13th. If my sliders are shipped early, I may move this to the week before (06 Jan) otherwise would have to do the week after (20Jan), depending on whether Ryan's place is still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom