Hammy1 has landed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dad and made the 8 hour round trip with tan pig in tow.

Started up backed off trailer and went up mine with little trouble.

As expected there is some rust most likely prompting both floor pans and around the base of beam between driver side front and rear seats.

Idles ok and promptly revs up but is little sluggish and dies when you give her gas just get moving.

Shifts great and is so smooth. Brakes actually work!

Started raining as soon as I got it off trailer so I parked her under car port after moving some things to the barn.

trying to load some pics but it’s a slow process here at the farm.

42F95255-039B-4EFA-BA07-A3A101947E54.jpeg

ECA35677-3E6F-457E-9573-9169A8DCAB23.jpeg

A15DC91D-E85C-4FE7-8656-21F0C7215F58.jpeg

Trying to send the pics, signs just isn’t that good here at farm. Will definitely take some more tomorrow and probably attach some when I go to town. Can’t accomplish much before heading back to Colorado Sunday afternoon but hope to change fuel filter and some plugs. See if it runs a little better but doubt until cath address it will change much .

Love the dualmatic hubs!

Just met with architect to help draft plans for my barn im building. Already figured I would name hammy1 area the pig pen while I do the rebuild.

Think I’ll just tinker a little with it each time I get to return to gods country here in Oklahoma. No point dragging it to Colorado this summer, I would just have to bring it back next year when I move back.

Tomorrow I’ll be crawling all over it!!

Congrats. Looks good!

Does look good and nice place you have.
Thanks it’s definitely my happy place.
In the middle picture background is the original cabin the Creek Indian lived in after she was deeded the 160 acres by the govt. in 1906. This was a year before Oklahoma statehood.

I’ve been outside under the lights gawking at the engine area. The small (what I assume is an original) glass fuel filter. Original carb, Motorola alternator ( used their radios before but not an alternator).

it’s pretty darn cool since it’s one year older then me. Love the simplicity.

Last edited:
Had to leave Hammy at farm and heading back to family. Dad and I drive it a little on farm yesterday which was a blast.

Turn signals all work as do the brake lights. Rear window motor works but glass only came down inch or so. Prelim amateur assessment reveals need for some new floor pans on both sides. Rockers (at least drivers side). Probably some repairs of both pillars between front and rear seats.

now fun of securing parts for it. Hope to go back in a few weeks and change fluids and belts. Give a little time up. Hopefully time allowing clean up the carb some.

I can’t win with loading pics. Think Apple screwing me over cause of my old iPhone 8...

maybe when I get to hotel tonight and some wifi.

Looks like a good cleaning will possibly show that rust isn’t too bad?

Sure looks solid from here...nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom