H55 install in @TRFCSUX 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jakes40

IH8MUD Poser
SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpg
image.jpg
Installing a H55 in a FJ62 with @Stumpalama, @TRFCSUX,@Tikicruiser , and @Jakes40

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Steve cried a little when we cut his Shaft!!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

We had a good team. everyone took a job and worked well together. I think it only took about 10 minutes to get the assembly back in the truck. Steve's nephew is a good wrench.

Need a little help trouble shooting. The install went great with no problems, the ride from Stumps house was without issue and really nice having fifth gear. Got back in the truck Wednesday evening to drive it to the meeting, once i got up to speed (55 mph) started to feel a vibration. Got worse with speed but would totally disappear by taking foot off gas. Made decision not to continue driving all the way to Springfield. Once at home i checked a few things. Bolts from trans to bell housing, bolts on cross member,drive shaft bolts found nothing loose but vibration seemed to be worse on next test drive. Vibration started at 20=25 mph, still goes away when not on gas.
Chances are it is something from the trans swap and probably something simple but im running out of ideas on what to check. Its not a small vibration it can be felt and heard and its only when on gas (drive train)
Thanks for any input

I second u-joints as possible cause. When mine went second year attending GSMTR it was the same thing. Under load a horrible vibration, coasting no issues. Also when my double cardan decided it was done coming back from a much later GSMTR at the Sheetz in Haymarket, same deal.

have not looked at u joints, timing seems kinda funny since we just had it apart but i will check
will check fluid again and clutch was not touched at all
thanks for input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom