H151F 100 vs 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

transfer case inputs are the same for all H15# series gearboxes.
Transfer cases that are behind R151 (used in HZJ105) have different input shafts.

Thanks for the info!! I signed up for that forum, I will take a look. :)

All 78/79 TD's up to late 2016 use the H150f. 100's and petrol 1fz 78/79 were H151f. New 2017 78/79 have the H152f with taller 2nd and 5th gear. H series outputs are the same. To get a later h15xf box to work (vdj series), you need the appropriate input shaft and bell housing.

Also, there's an abundance of low km H150f boxes in Aus atm due to all the auto and h152f conversions. They are getting relatively cheap. Freight will probably be a kiiler though.

I am interested in this h152f conversion idea. Do you have any links to people doing this on an 80??

Looking at Australian reviews of the 2017 70 series, looks like highway RPMs decrease to 2000 @ 100 km/h with that gearbox, 2200 at 110. Looks perfect! I wonder if the lower power from the 1HD-T might make it struggle at that gear ratio though...

Very interesting looking at the specs - it has the same 1st gear ratio as H150 but they changed 2nd to be the same as the H151...

Last edited:
Anyone in Aus able to grab the part # for this new beast? I'm assuming it may not be available for purchase for a while though...

gnarly-
I dont think you will find a hdt ready input shaft for the new transmission. You might do some swapping, but without a tooth count on counter gear you could get hosed.

folks, i have a separated seat conversion set up for sale for anyone who want to move the shifter back. New pieces from amayama, installed and removed never run. in Arizona.

gnarly-
I dont think you will find a hdt ready input shaft for the new transmission. You might do some swapping, but without a tooth count on counter gear you could get hosed.

folks, i have a separated seat conversion set up for sale for anyone who want to move the shifter back. New pieces from amayama, installed and removed never run. in Arizona.

Too risky as the counter gear tooth count might be different?

Bumping this to see if some Aussies have done this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom