GX470 Two Weeks In; a couple observations and ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2006 GX470
103k mi
all serviced at Westside Lexus in Houston including 90k service
Feels solid. Glides over road imperfections and feels like a keeper. Love it!

Seeking solutions, input, ideas:

(1) the seat cushion is way too short for extended driving. I actually notice it almost immediately and wish there were thigh extenders for better support or maybe another seat option (LX470?). Definitely don't want to have to pay $1k for a solution, but I believe it's an important aspect of the driving experience....

(2) want to add fuel tank capacity or aux tank, even 10-15 gallons would be a huge help!

(3) my AM/FM stereo reception is horrible. Anyone having this issue? The CD's sound excellent on the ML system, so I know it's not the speakers... maybe a better antenna or maybe it's not even connected..

(4) probably gonna change out the suspension and maybe get rid of the bags. seems like they may be a weak link on the suspension. Thoughts welcome, but already leaning towards Bilstein/Toytec Eibach... front suspension isn't as needy at the moment but thinking I may do fr/rear at the same time.

not planning on any extreme overlanding. 98% on road. the other will be caliche small rock or dirt ranch roads. not planning any towing either, just a daily and occasional weekender.

Thanks in advance! dp

Welcome!

I haven't noticed the seat being too short and I'm 6'. Have you tried tilting it up or down?

I haven't tried AM, but my FM reception is fine. I live less than 20 miles from downtown Pittsburgh, so that probably helps.

I hear you with the suspension. A lot of folks like OME, Iron Man, and (new to the US market) Dobinsons for entry level suspension upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom