GX470 Hidden Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure yet this weekend was a test fit a prototype session. .. to get feel for time in production and materials ... we'll try to nail down a price in the next week or so and maybe start up a group buy at a discounted price mud members to get things rolling

Not sure yet this weekend was a test fit a prototype session. .. to get feel for time in production and materials ... we'll try to nail down a price in the next week or so and maybe start up a group buy at a discounted price mud members to get things rolling
Has this been rolled out?

I know it' been about 2 years but I wonder

It's beautiful, and one of my favorite mods on my truck...
IMAG0102.jpg
IMAG0118.jpg
IMAG0121.jpg

It's beautiful, and one of my favorite mods on my truck...
View attachment 1578476 View attachment 1578477 View attachment 1578478

I see you do not have the SSO optional recovery shackle mounts (at least not as far as I can telling comparing your pics to SSO website pics). The truck comes stock with 2 U-shaped loops welded to the frame that my mechanic said are factory recovery points (and not tie down/shipping points, which one would not want to use for recovery of course). Any reason not to use those, other than they don't allow a D-shackle to hang there without probably banging around... or any other comments on after market recovery points at the front of the vehicle?

Yep. Unfortunately it's no longer in production. Maybe if there enough demand it can be made again but not at the same price point.

I DIY mine but wished I just bought this instead. It's not worth the hassel for $400.

Such a bummer that this is gone... unless someone will make a bumper/winch mount in the $500 range.

I know there was a recent group buy for the SSO hidden winch, but I just ran across a link for another vendor that has a hidden winch mount for the GX470. He's on FB, so maybe you already know this vendor...

Leonard Fabrication (LFD Offroad)

I know there was a recent group buy for the SSO hidden winch, but I just ran across a link for another vendor that has a hidden winch mount for the GX470. He's on FB, so maybe you already know this vendor...

Leonard Fabrication (LFD Offroad)
I wish it had built in tow hooks like the SSO had... but at least it’s another option.

It’s compatible with the apex overland recovery points, but that’s another $150

I was lucky enough to get in on the last SSO Incognito group buy and got one, prior to buying a GX... I finally bought a GX, though a 460. I have read somewhere that I might still be able to use the SSO on the 460 as the 460 and 470 frame ends/spacing is the same, but may have to put a space in between the mount and the bumper cover... has anyone else seen that?

If not, I have a brand new in the box, never opened SSO Incognito winch mount that I will sell for what I bought it for plush shipping...

Thanks!

I was lucky enough to get in on the last SSO Incognito group buy and got one, prior to buying a GX... I finally bought a GX, though a 460. I have read somewhere that I might still be able to use the SSO on the 460 as the 460 and 470 frame ends/spacing is the same, but may have to put a space in between the mount and the bumper cover... has anyone else seen that?

If not, I have a brand new in the box, never opened SSO Incognito winch mount that I will sell for what I bought it for plush shipping...

Thanks!
PM'd

Thanks!

I'll take it from you if ebbs doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom