GX470 Hidden Winch (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, that's a given, what I'm saying is that the depth between the face of the bumper cover and where the 4runner winch fairlead is could be different, that's why I think having one made for a gx470 specifically is a better idea if we can get it. Would the 4runners work, yes, but the question is with how much modifying?

Sent from my XT1585

Are we there yet?

Any updates gentleman?? Any kind of eta when you might have a product? Sorry I'm so antsy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447723140.964024.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Ok had a great chat with bud at bud built and he gave me a deal I couldn't refuse on the 4th gen 4Runner hidden winch mount. I promised to take plenty of pics for the install and will be the tester of the gx470 and whatever mods it will need. I'm hoping to get started next weekend. My wife is also 38weeks prego so we will see!!

first off you need bracket behind those 8 bolts other wise it will crack and bend under 9000 pound of winch that plate attach to frame is pretty thin second GX has a plate trim goes around below head lights and front of the radiator which top of the bumper snap to it you need to trim that you also have to very very carefully pushing the AC plumbing beck by cutting the little bracket which is holding it .I made mistake of cutting my original factory painted bumper what a mistake i suggest you buy a after market bumper for $125.00 because believe me you be doing lots of trim .also make sure your winch had a relocatable control box since from the place the winch will rest to the top where bumperyou will only have 6 inch of clearance

I got the XRC-9.5K Winch Synthetic Rope Gen2, With Aluminum Fairlead.
XRC-9.5K Winch Synthetic Rope Gen2, With Aluminum Fairlead.
yes.jpg

It has multiple mounting options for the control box.

1. Are you saying the frame part that I am mounting the winch plate to is different than the 4runner? Weaker?
2. Also bud said to just unbolt the A/C line and ever so slightly bend it out of the way/ or bend the bracket.
3. I have plenty of time to work on it, it's not my daily driver. I am very methodical and like things to be aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited:
front bumper removal:
From club lexus-
"""""Just go slow your first time, and take special note to remove all the clips and screws. You'll need to remove that plastic radiator cover first, then the three plastic clips in the bumper under that radiator cover. Now, you've got about 15 different screws/bolts, youll have to remove from underneath in order to free the bumper from the skid plates and what not. Remove the ones that attach the fender lines to the bumper too.

I usually try to completely disengage the fender liners from the bumper before attempting to remove it or loosen it at all. They are highly restricitve if they are still attached. You'll also want to reinstall these first when you put the new bumper on. They tuck back into the proper places really only one way. You'll get it.

Also at the corners of the bumper when you're ready to try and remove it, first you need to remove the plastic clip and screw you find tucked up in that fender well area. Then, you'll need to pull down slightly and out. THis will remove that notch holding the edge of the bumper. Now, you need to gently pull and wiggle the bumper away from the front of the truck focusing on that area where the bumper and fender square to each other. Theres a rather large lobe that interlocks those two and it can seem stubborn.This should dislodge the lobes much easier than just yanking on it furiously. Those lobes actually start where the bumper sort of squares itself right at the metal fender. You'll see what I mean.

Repeat on the other side

Good luck, once you get it off the first time, it'll be a piece of cake putting the other one on! """"""

first off you need bracket behind those 8 bolts other wise it will crack and bend under 9000 pound of winch that plate attach to frame is pretty thin second GX has a plate trim goes around below head lights and front of the radiator which top of the bumper snap to it you need to trim that you also have to very very carefully pushing the AC plumbing beck by cutting the little bracket which is holding it .I made mistake of cutting my original factory painted bumper what a mistake i suggest you buy a after market bumper for $125.00 because believe me you be doing lots of trim .also make sure your winch had a relocatable control box since from the place the winch will rest to the top where bumperyou will only have 6 inch of clearance
Iv already got the frame reinforcement brackets taken care of ... I'll look into the aftermarket bumpers thanks ... plus I have my old bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom