GX470 Hidden Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.overlandingusa.com
I've seen a few 470s with hidden winch set ups behind the bumper. By a few, I actually mean 1. A full bumper would be great but they're not cheap and I don't know that I "need" one. There are two companies that make hidden mounts for 4th gen 4Runners. I'm curious if they would work since they share the same frame, unless I'm mistaken. I know someone who could probably make one too.

Anyone have suggestions, info, or know someone who's done this?

It will work, your biggest unknown will be making it work flush with the bumper.

It will work, your biggest unknown will be making it work flush with the bumper.

Right. Undercover Hidden Winch Mount System makes one but its $425 without powdercoat (+$90) or D-ring recovery points (+$150). And, if I got that one with D-rings, I would have to cut out the holes for the D-rings not knowing if it would fit up right.

BudBuilt also makes one. It's cheaper, lighter, and is already powdercoated. It's $375.

Hey Guys!
We make one for the 4Runner and it fits out thru the grille in the front bumper cover. On a Lexi, you have a tag or blank flat place there. It would need to be cut out but that should not be too much work. If someone is near Hudson NC 28638 we could test fit one on your rig... :)
Bud

Hey Guys!
We make one for the 4Runner and it fits out thru the grille in the front bumper cover. On a Lexi, you have a tag or blank flat place there. It would need to be cut out but that should not be too much work. If someone is near Hudson NC 28638 we could test fit one on your rig... :)
Bud

Good to know! Thanks for the reply.

Hey Guys!
Bud

And if I lived up that way I'd definitely let you test fit it!

Hey @BudBuilt I'm over in Raleigh and can come by Fri, Sat, Sun if you want to do a test fit!

awesome i didnt know BB made one! i might have to go that route especially if @little_joe gets one test fitted and it works! i for one do not want a full bumper on the lexus, but i do want/need a winch in it. @BudBuilt do you make it with the option of no powdercoating? i have your skids on my 97 4runner and love them, they have served me well and saved my bacon a time or two.

I've seen a few 470s with hidden winch set ups behind the bumper. By a few, I actually mean 1. A full bumper would be great but they're not cheap and I don't know that I "need" one. There are two companies that make hidden mounts for 4th gen 4Runners. I'm curious if they would work since they share the same frame, unless I'm mistaken. I know someone who could probably make one too.

Anyone have suggestions, info, or know someone who's done this?

Any update?

I never heard from them - will reach out via email/phone this week since I'll be driving nearby his shop this weekend.

Hey Travis,

We have been looking into making one(gx470 hidden winch mount) for awhile, but just been able to get to it yet. Keep checking back with us though.

Thank you,
Kristen

BudBuilt Inc.
2647 Hickory Blvd.
Hudson, NC 28638

828-572-1202

I believe ASFIR stopped exporting to the US. I wanted their aluminum skids, but Sierra Expeditions told me they stopped getting them a year or so ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom