Guide to GX 460 Builds and Aftermarket Products (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you gone down the list of manufacturers of bumpers on the first page?
I'd start there and check each of their websites and see if anything tickles you.
I looked at them. I didn't see any without attachments. Might just go the route of having the stock bumper chopped. Coming from an 80, then 200 series, there were tube bumpers or options without swing outs. Just not seeing that for the GX.

Reactions: r2m
Does anyone run the Slee sliders for the GX460? I looked through the listed build threads and I didn't see anyone with them.

Done! Thanks
Hey TX GX460, do you think we can have a section for light bulbs, e.g.:
  • Headlight
  • Day Light Running lights
  • Tail lights
  • Interior lights
Could use a list of bulbs that would be ≥ factory bulbs AND where they're used.
I'd love some brighter DLR's and headlights, but not JUST brighter, but to throw out farther. Any idiot can bolt in super bright LED's, but something that works with the design of the lens and reflector housing.

Thanks!

Hey TX GX460, do you think we can have a section for light bulbs, e.g.:
  • Headlight
  • Day Light Running lights
  • Tail lights
  • Interior lights
Could use a list of bulbs that would be ≥ factory bulbs AND where they're used.
I'd love some brighter DLR's and headlights, but not JUST brighter, but to throw out farther. Any idiot can bolt in super bright LED's, but something that works with the design of the lens and reflector housing.

Thanks!
Okay I have started the list in post #8 but will need input on what is out there. Hopefully people will contribute.

Last edited:
I'm kind of an idiot on that, so that's kind of my ulterior motive behind getting a working list going!
Thanks! Hope others can chime in with some good products!

Alpharex headlight option for 14-19 GX460s. These are quad LED lights with sequential turn signals and DRL's. So far, they have been great. Good light quality with a nice cut off. The start up sequence is pretty slick too.

277557453_10159853711934494_7564352343348300721_n.jpg

276242244_10159853711904494_4066673580680930826_n.jpg

277254821_10159853711874494_5628546694938202784_n.jpg

276316914_10159853712579494_2237188569778722549_n.jpg

I saw the largest tires we can fit with no lift, but I don't see tire sizes with a lift. My plan is 2" lift on stock 18" wheels. What's the largest tire for this set up without rubbing? I have a 2016 Base GX and I wasn't planning on a body mount chop.

I saw the largest tires we can fit with no lift, but I don't see tire sizes with a lift. My plan is 2" lift on stock 18" wheels. What's the largest tire for this set up without rubbing? I have a 2016 Base GX and I wasn't planning on a body mount chop.
Looks like 275/70/18?

Looks like 275/70/18?

You'll likely get rubbing with that size. My experience from running a similar amount of lift on stock 18" wheels and using slightly smaller 275/65/18 (32") tires was some rubbing that was easily resolved with some fender massage. Any bigger tires would require more than that, not sure about a BMC, but likely some cutting of plastic

Been mentioned before but size of tire is not necessarily related to how high of a lift you have on an IFS vehicle. It still has to cycle through it's range and if it's taller it just hits later. BMCs, pinch wells, other related chopping mods, and alignments are the way to get larger tires without rubbing.

My current 285/65r18 tires rub. I'm having the BMC done Monday and then going bigger. My old 265/70r18s never rubbed, even not lifted after pushing the front of the fender in an inch (took 1 minute just relocating a hole) and trimming the front of the running board (5 minutes). I would like to step into 285/75r18's 34.8" and that's as big as I want to go, but I'm not convinced the BMC alone will get me there. May settle for a 285/70r18 (34"), little smaller but will definitely fit after the chop. I'm looking to go from a full MT and get a set of Ridge Grapplers. I had them on my old FJ and they handled the southeast great but weren't as noisy as MTs and didn't have such a negative effect on gas mileage.

Heya!

Fwiw I have a 2/1.75 Dobinsons Lift. I went skinnier with a Falken Wildpeak At3w 255/70/18 and have run with Stock wheels, with a 1 inch spacer, and then moved to a aftermarket 18x9 with 0 offset as they were on a super amazon sale and were like 50 bucks off a wheel. This is a little wider than stock. Woot woot! With the stock wheels I got some rubbing so just moved the liner forward in the front fender and trimmed a little on the plastic from the Old man steps I use to get my lazy butt in lol. After that I did not have any rubbing in the dunes or on the easy trails which is all I honestly do besides towing and getting out to camp. With some upgraded pads and stainless brake lines the driving dynamics have not changed much for handling or acceleration if you are daily driving your GX. You do notice the extra weight a little but not too bad.

IMG_20220427_110530486.jpg

IMG_20220427_110520779.jpg

Last edited:
Heya!

Fwiw I have a 2/1.75 Dobinsons Lift. I went skinnier with a Falken Wildpeak At3w 255/70/18 and have run with Stock wheels, with a 1 inch spacer, and then moved to a aftermarket 18x9 with 0 offset as they were on a super amazon sale and were like 50 bucks off a wheel. This is a little wider than stock. Woot woot! With the stock wheels I got some rubbing so just moved the liner forward in the front fender and trimmed a little on the plastic from the Old man steps I use to get my lazy butt in lol. After that I did not have any rubbing in the dunes or on the easy trails which is all I honestly do besides towing and getting out to camp. With some upgraded pads and stainless brake lines the driving dynamics have not changed much for handling or acceleration if you are daily driving your GX. You do notice the extra weight a little but not too bad.

View attachment 2993477

View attachment 2993478
Thank you so much!

Mud flaps for 150 series:
N2Qnice 4 PCS Front Rear Car Mudflaps for Toyota Land Cruiser Prado LC150 FJ150 2010-2019 Fender Mud Guard Flap Splash Flaps Mudguards Accessories
Amazon product ASIN B086BZPH3X

Metalcloak now has some Toyota suspension parts.

I just received a set of lower rear axle links, and they look and feel very well made, and excellent value for the money.

Last edited:
Metalcloak now has some Toyota suspension parts.

I just received a set of lower rear axle links, and they look and feel very well made, and excellent value for the money.
Thanks - added to the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom