Group Buy on 2.5LB Halotron Fire Extinguisher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay guys I'm waiting for a confirmation from the owner of the company on the shipping. Stand by and lets see if I can get a better price if we go for twenty.

not to throw any water on this group buy, but I'm curious about whether or not Halon is the best for use in a vehicle.

Indoors, definitely! Inside the cab, yes. What about the engine compartment? On a windy day, wouldn't the halon just blow away?

Also...a question about possibly refilling the halon extinguishers? Is this possible or is it a one and done thing? Halon's been banned by the EPA, so I don't think refills are an option.

What about halotron (as already mentioned). I don't know anything about its effectiveness, but it's supposed to be a alternative for halon.

I ask, not to be an ass, but to learn more about something before purchasing something I know little about...
:eek:

Doug - this is Halotron, unless I'm missing something in the link Victor posted. EPA and USCG approved.

Doug,

I recently participated in a fire safety training class for our company. We had the class conducted by the fire department. If it is windy, (and it was the day of the training) any fire extinguisher is going to have problems. The good news is that they still work very well if you position yourself upwind of the fire. I was surprised at how much pressure a fire extinguisher has when discharged.

I hoped these were refillable but it doesn't make any difference. If I have to use it on my truck then the $75 cost will be trivial. I'll keep the dri-chem fire extinguisher for others and as a backup.

-B-

Brentbba said:
Doug - this is Halotron, unless I'm missing something in the link Victor posted. EPA and USCG approved.
:confused:

okay, nevermind. I just confused the hell out of myself. I could've sworn it was Halon...

ignore me...

Biff -- how long you gonna keep this open? I'm still thinking...

NorCalDoug said:
:confused:

okay, nevermind. I just confused the hell out of myself. I could've sworn it was Halon...

ignore me...

Biff -- how long you gonna keep this open? I'm still thinking...

I'll keep it open until I hear back from the company that sells these on the shipping situation.

Biff--did you ever hear back from them on shipping? Thanks!

stevek said:
Biff--did you ever hear back from them on shipping? Thanks!

Yes, what's the word??? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

He's running into a little difficulty with the vendor. You wouldn't think so with this large an order. Trust me, he's still working on it tho.

I just thought he was on vacation :cool:

spressomon said:
I just thought he was on vacation :cool:

Saw him logged on briefly today, but don't know anything else and that was from a couple of days ago.

I'm here, looks like my vendor flaked out on me. I'll find some other place so be patient and I'll get back to you guys with info.

I just ordered a 5lb Halotron from this site:

http://www.apachechemical.com/Halotron.htm

2 1/2 lb are $73 plus shipping
5 lb are $119 plus shipping

They say free shipping if you order 5 or more and "additional quantity discounts may apply" whatever that means.

If you end doing a group buy I'd buy another 5 lb for the boat. 2 1/2 lb seems kinda small when your talking about a gasoline fire!

Hope that helps. Good luck.

ManrigDude said:
I just ordered a 5lb Halotron from this site:

http://www.apachechemical.com/Halotron.htm

2 1/2 lb are $73 plus shipping
5 lb are $119 plus shipping

They say free shipping if you order 5 or more and "additional quantity discounts may apply" whatever that means.

If you end doing a group buy I'd buy another 5 lb for the boat. 2 1/2 lb seems kinda small when your talking about a gasoline fire!

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Thanks I have a call to these guys, just waiting for a response.

Biff (and Manrigdude),
Thanks for putting the research time in on this for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom