Group Buy on 2.5LB Halotron Fire Extinguisher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any info on Clean Guard? I can do an internet search as well.

All right another vendor that I deal with has something a little better:

Red 2.5 lb Halon 1211 w/double strap vehicle bracket $93.50 + 8.25 tax
Chrome 2.5 Halon 1211 w/double strap vehicle bracket $119.50 + 8.25 tax

On all of these extinguishers (halon, clean guard, etc.) only last approx 6-9 seconds and are designed for close range applications at short discharge bursts.

Mark Algazy I found the double bracket you wanted...$20.00 and your ride

Last edited:
Amerex Halon 1211 Fire Extinguishers feature solid steel cylinders with all metal valves and use all recycled gas in accordance with the Montreal prototcal. Halon 1211 is a liquified gas, pressurized with nitrogen, which discharges as a vapor causing no cold or static shock. Penetrates quickly for hard to see and hard to reach areas and leaves no residue. Recommended for protection of delicate, sensitive and expensive computers, electrical equipment, tapes and film, automotive and aircraft engines, laboratory chemicals, and equipment.

Try starting a new topic like "2.5 Halotron Revived" or something. I think half the people watching this originally have probably stopped. That might spur their attention.

FWIW. This stuff will put out a propane torch induced housing insulation fire. :doh:

I check back every few days and am still interested in whatever is deemed the best product. I do not have time to research the options and plan on going with whatever wins out as list consensus.

If a group buy does not work out I will just order one from the recommended vendor.

Dunbar

any updates?? i might want to get in on this.

also, side question(s) - how long with a typical 2.5 lb or 5 lb halon last?? how long can you spray it before it runs out? is a 2.5 lb enough for an engine fire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom