grab bar install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bringing up this old thread again (because it's full of good info)

TO confirm,
Part number 74670 60040 B0 = GREY dash 95-97 80/LX
Part number 74670 60040 E0 = BROWN dash 95-97 80/LX

???

Appears as @CycloSteve mentioned the E0 is discontinued... anyone have a source for one anyway?
I did see this: Glove Box Grab Handle Assembly 95-97 Brown [74670-60040-E0 - Paint] - $79.00 : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts
I bought the cruiser parts one to go into my LX about three years ago. They paint the grey ones to match the dash. Match was spot on. looks good

Thread revival... I know. But can anyone clarify- I have the grey handle, and there is mention of the two nuts to attach on the back side of the dash.

Is the grab handle supposed to come with these nuts? Or are the nuts already inside the dash for other mounting purposes? Or is it a separate part number I have to source?
You're going to need to get a couple nuts... a flange nut is probably best just take the handle with you into the hardware store and find a couple that fit nice.

You're going to need to get a couple nuts... a flange nut is probably best just take the handle with you into the hardware store and find a couple that fit nice.

Got it. Thanks. Glad to hear they are not anything out of the ordinary.

For those wondering- the nut specs needed (for a 1995 grab handle) are M6-1.0.

Can you post some photos of your finished product using the painted bar?

I did not paint match, as I have grey interior. But here's a pic anyways.

IMG_0897.jpg

95+ mounting

Alrighty then ;)
I have a nice new grab bar mounted on a totaled truck :doh:

This is a :banana: :banana: job but not for the faint at heart

Hand tools only needed and only a few
heres a list

2 Phillps head screw drivers 1 reg and 1 stubby
1 10mm socket
1 10mm gear wrench (flex head I used )
1 awe
1 Xatco knife

Now onto the fun :)

before starting disco the neg batt. cable

1)Pull the glove box
two screws hold it at the bottom then remove the latch hoop at the top

2) next pull the speaker by removing the screw that holds it at the bottom .

3) remove the one screw that holds the glove box light

4) once thats out behind it is the factory radio amp which is held by 2 screws (4a)that are seen when you pull the speaker once they are removed you can unplug the 2 connectors (4b) and slide the amp out to the side through the glove box hole

5) here comes the fun part there is a air duct that runs from the air vent next to the A piller over to the center of the dash above the glove box opening. there is 1 screw (5d)that holds it but is a bugger to see as its right above the hole (5a) for the left side of the tab for the speaker . Use the stubby driver to remove .

Getting it out of the dash is a little tuff so I pulled the screw and the bolt (5c)that holds the lower part of the dash below the speaker hole to give me a little more wiggle room .

6) once its out you can reach up behind the dash and feel the round hole on the back of the pad that is one of the holes for mounting. Its right above the right side opening of the glove box door .

7) The point of no return :eek:
Take the awe and push it through the hole to the outside of the dash pad . (8)
Now that you got a cool metal spike sticking through the dash its time to find the other side .

8) pull out the awe and now use your handy dandy grab bar to get a good idea where the left side hole will be .

9) I used the bar as my guide for that hole and then push the awe through the front as there is no access to that one from the back .

10) once the holes have been made take the grab bar and put it in them till the welded washer with the tab hits the pading and draw around them as this is what will be cut out . (10)

11) once marked use your Xacto knife to cut through vinyl on the lines ..

12) pick out the vinyl so you can see the foam core under it . cut that out and you will see the holes for the stud and the tab on the welded washer . (11)

13) the right side nut goes on easy but the left has the other part of the duct and this is where little fingers and the gear wrench is needed to tighten it up .

14) grab bar is mounted :bounce:

At this point I was at the 1 hour mark with getting tools etc . (that and working off a lift arm 6 feet in the air :doh: )

15) put it back together and have a :beer: and :cheers:

Pixs will follow with the step #s next to them
Thanks so much for these detailed instructions. I followed them and now have my grab bar installed, without any problems. The photo shows the infamous "point of no return" :)
Chris

s4P830R9SoCpMDGymRX+%A.jpg

Sorry to revive this (great) old thread - I've ordered the grab bar, but after taking the air duct out and looking for the holes, I think I've made a mistake here.
I've order item #74670-60060-B0 where I should have ordered item #74670-60040-B0. My car is an LC80, 1996, gray interior.
Could someone measure the distance between the 2 bolts of his grab bar and post it here?
Mine is 30.4 cm (11.96") center to center.

Last edited:
Anyone?...
Lemme see if I still have a extra / loose one on a shelf of LC parts.

If it’s there, I’ll post measurements- if it’s not, I’ve no clue where in my crap it is.

But ~12” seems about right…….from memory :meh:

1629189013080.png

Thanks,
Need to find a store that sells the correct one.
Anyone needs a mint condition, still in the bag, grab bar for their 7x series? ;)

Thanks,
Need to find a store that sells the correct one.
Anyone needs a mint condition, still in the bag, grab bar for their 7x series? ;)

Give the JDM / ROW forum a shot at it:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom