grab bar install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He's a busy guy, looks like.

Anyone have a part # for the grab bar (preferably in gray)?

Edit: After looking long & hard, I found a pic with the part # on it. I think it's 74670-60020-03 (Gray). We'll see if they're still available!

Last edited:
Sorry, I have been uber busy, but that is not a very good excuse in my book. :frown:

I am headed back to Utah this weekend and should be able to send your gray one if you're still interested, Rami.

Let me know and please accept my apology!
But if you can source one, then that would be cool!

Yours,

Mot

No worries Mot. I was just startin to think you were ignorin me haha.

It would make my life a LOT easier if you can send me a gray one, as I'm sure you know how cumbersome it can be dealing with dealership parts in Japan. Shoot me a PM with the details when you get a chance please.

Thanks

Still Available from Japan

Christmas came early for the 80 in the form of a new grab handle.

The Grey ones are still directly available from Japan. Part number 74670 60040 B0. On a lark, I asked Dave at Japan4x4 if he could get one in Grey for a '96. The answer was yes, and for around $85 plus the shipping. So, I added this to my order for replacement visors.

Will be installing over the next weekend

:cheers:

Steve

cyclosteve-albums-yaesu-ft-8900-install-picture20831-grab-handle-bagged-up.jpg

cyclosteve-albums-yaesu-ft-8900-install-picture20833-ready-installed.jpg

For the dash?

Nice find. No worries, as I have mine in hand. If they have them actually in stock at that price, then others can profit from buying one from them directly.

Steve

Installed mine tonight. Followed the directions from the start, and made a few minor changes. I opted to pull the ECM, as to get that bugger of a vent tube out.

With the hole, I used the awl method on the right, and then used the bar itself to tell me where to push the awl through. To enlarge the hole, I used a 1" hole-saw turned by hand to cut a perfect hole in the dash, then trimmed a small portion off the bottom of the hole with the X-Acto for the locking tab on the handle. Nice clean cuts.

Someone at some point in the life of my rig must have poured Coke down the vent, as it was coated on the bottom with a layer of nasty goo. Glad to get that out.

As others have noted, the left-side nut is a real PITA to get on and tightened. Once I figured out that the vent tube was fine to be bent, I went at it to get my 1/4" socket driver in there with the 10mm socket. Buttoned it up quickly thereafter.

Final outcome is excellent...like it belongs there :p The only comment from the :princess: was why I would install it when it is only needed when we are wheeling...I am sure she will find more uses for it, and that we need to go wheeling!

Steve

cyclosteve-albums-yaesu-ft-8900-install-picture20883-non-us-spec-handle-close-up.jpg

cyclosteve-albums-yaesu-ft-8900-install-picture20882-non-us-spec-handle.jpg

Looks great! I need to order mine tomorrow! I really like the non-US factory look.

Cyclosteve, looks good, and since this thread has been brought back to the top, does anyone know the part number or where one might procure one of these bars for a 91-94, non-airbag dash.

The :princess: saw these somewhere and would like one to help her get in. 4'10" makes climbing in a choir, especially in a skirt.:D

Also cyclo, is the overhead pocket you have your CB/ radio mounted in a stock piece? Very clean and I like the placement.

Thanks

Cyclosteve, looks good, and since this thread has been brought back to the top, does anyone know the part number or where one might procure one of these bars for a 91-94, non-airbag dash.

The :princess: saw these somewhere and would like one to help her get in. 4'10" makes climbing in a choir, especially in a skirt.:D

Also cyclo, is the overhead pocket you have your CB/ radio mounted in a stock piece? Very clean and I like the placement.

Thanks

The 91-94 oh shiznit handles can be sourced fastest from Canada. The overhead pocket is a JDM piece for the compass/sub altimeter upper center gauge assembly.

Here is what I am coming up for the earlier dash styles. YMMV.

74670 GRIP ASSY, INSTRUMENT ASSIST
74670‑60010‑03 BLUISH GRAY, TRIM1* 1 $94.18
74670‑60010‑06 SABLE, TRIM4* 1 $90.18

The overhead console is also used for the Subtank, which is why I have one ;p More details on the console and mods here.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/electronic-toys/537936-yaesu-ft-8900-overhead-console-installation-fzj80.html

83208 PANEL SUB-ASSY, ROOF CONSOLE METER
83208‑60010‑03 LIGHT GRAY, TRIM1* 1 $177.20
83208‑60010‑06 LIGHT SABLE, TRIM4* 1 $177.20
83208‑60010‑42 SABLE, TRIM4* (08/1992 - 12/1994) 1 $176.81
83208‑60010‑B6 LIGHT GRAY, TRIM1* (08/1992 - 12/1994) 1 $168.35

Also if you do want to go with the OH setup, you will need to modify your visors, or get different ones from overseas.

Steve

P.S. I you did not figure it out yet, I love non-US-DOM stuff for my rig.

Last edited:
they're available here...

Nice find! I check out that site now and then for parts, am surprised I missed that one!

Now including this in adding a DS A-pillar handle...

On a 5-yr old thread?! Good luck :flipoff2:

one can dream right? plus i use it as a bookmark so i can find it later tonight...trying to get this thing installed before i loose parts

Thread revival... I know. But can anyone clarify- I have the grey handle, and there is mention of the two nuts to attach on the back side of the dash.

Is the grab handle supposed to come with these nuts? Or are the nuts already inside the dash for other mounting purposes? Or is it a separate part number I have to source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom