Builds Going to meet my new 80 (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The cats out of the bag now!🙄

The Lexus sedan LS400 has the identical steering wheel as the 80. Check your local pick n pull.

View attachment 1954196

View attachment 1954195

I've raided my local wrench-a-part for visors and LS400 brakes (for my SC), but never knew I could take the wheel! Can I replace just the wheel and not the airbag? Judging by the existing Toyota logo, I'm assuming so. Do you know if there's a particular year range?

I've raided my local wrench-a-part for visors and LS400 brakes (for my SC), but never knew I could take the wheel! Can I replace just the wheel and not the airbag? Judging by the existing Toyota logo, I'm assuming so. Do you know if there's a particular year range?

Yep... that’s the airbag from my old 80 wheel. The steering wheel is exactly the same. A direct plug and play to the 80 series. I’m not sure about the year range, but would guess 96-97

Onboard air is just about done. Just waiting on the RATS setup from Wit’s End, but the compressor is in and operational

DD8781C8-8058-446C-B002-FC81C07A84F6.jpeg

6CAE14A8-F851-4D28-A1FC-F005E26EA037.jpeg

The best thing is, it’s all tucked away and you’d never know it was there.

3D26529A-7FAB-4073-947B-136014BF6D7F.jpeg

This is what I found in mine when I cleaned it out.

20170925_163727.jpg

Oh man, back in college I LOVED Spaghetti Warehouse! Cheap dinner with salad, pasta, all you can eat bread, and spumoni for dessert. It was like seven bucks, perfect for a college student splurge. And the restaurant itself was like a high-end place, just beautiful old-world euro style. We were uptown.

And nice job on the cruiser. That Wit's End rear panel is awesome, definitely on my shopping list.

Spaghetti warehouse for our go to place in high school for some reason. Probably because it was downtown and cheap.

Btw I've got the granddaddy of your drawer system in my truck. Looks like ARB has made a few improvements over the years, but still pretty similar.

Truck looks great! Did you put OME lift on it? How do you like the sound system you installed, what amp did you end up using? Damn stereo systems cost more than a lift! I saw someone else installed the same one in his GX and I’m thinking about it. I like the component pioneer system I put in my jeep better than alpine. Enough questions for now. Keep up the good work!

Truck looks great! Did you put OME lift on it? How do you like the sound system you installed, what amp did you end up using? Damn stereo systems cost more than a lift! I saw someone else installed the same one in his GX and I’m thinking about it. I like the component pioneer system I put in my jeep better than alpine. Enough questions for now. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I really like the stereo. It can be glitchy sometimes when using CarPlay. Sometimes I have to reconnect my phone to get it to recognize my phone, but that’s not a huge deal.

I’m running just the four door speakers. I deleted all the other speakers, including the sub. I needed that space anyway. Since my factory amp was blown, I just took it out and I’m using the headunit only to power the speakers. It sounds good to me. It’s not going to win any awards, but I am not building the truck with the audiophile in mind anyway. It’s defin capable of much more than I’m currently asking of it.

The lift is indeed OME. Very original, I know haha. Another Mud member was selling a NIB setup that happened to fit my needs perfectly, so I jumped at the opportunity to take advantage of the discount.

I’m running OME 2850 heavy springs in the front and OME 2864 extra heavy springs in the rear.

Last edited:
CaptClose, great job on the install I like the way the compressor goes in there and the plugs on the other side. I will be looking at you’re post when I do mine. And I am ready with my second battery and have everything relocated and the battery box put in place so again great job.

CaptClose, great job on the install I like the way the compressor goes in there and the plugs on the other side. I will be looking at you’re post when I do mine. And I am ready with my second battery and have everything relocated and the battery box put in place so again great job.

Let me know if you have any issues brother. I’ll be glad to share what I’ve learned.

Added some rear lighting a few weeks back.

1096EE1B-5B95-456A-BA2A-8F04CB6DAA7C.jpeg

Don’t cringe. I painted the bare metal and put a tight fitting grommet in the hole.

FC5FF34F-6733-4960-A843-D6EC3227E042.jpeg

Also got my fridge and sleeping mat all test fitted for the Solid Axle Summit in Colorado this year. I’m finally giving up the ground tent.

AE34BF10-379A-4840-AE5F-853CE56398AE.jpeg

Just waiting for my fridge slide to come in and I’ll get that secured to the drawers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom