Gifted an 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

my cousin gifted me his 91 Land Cruiser when he passed away last year. Do to logistics, and repairs, I just got it. The LC was in Montana, then hauled to Washington, then finally transported to my house in CA, I had a transmission, and new drive shaft installed before I had it transported. This is my first Land Cruiser. I don't know dick squat about the rig, other than its been been pretty well modified. It's a project. CEL is on, I think it has to do with the 02/exhaust Needs a few minor interior pieces, some tires, new exhaust, possible new lift. It came with tons of spare parts, I have no idea what some are for. Also has a Chilton's manual, score! I'm super pumped on my new LC. I look forward to getting it mechanically sound, and hitting the trails with my family, and making some new friends along the way. It's good to be on the forum.

Last edited:
IMG_1105.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

IMG_1113.jpeg

IMG_1114.jpeg

IMG_1115.jpeg

Score!

s***ty way to score though. 😒

There's Toyota Factory Service Manuals in the Resources section, menu bar at the top of the page, or drop down menu to left if on a smart phone.

Ps, this thread is useless without pics!

Although, I think you might need a few more posts before you can post pics
Yeah it is. Clinton was a bad ass dude. He is in a better place now. He is missed, and his memory will live on in his 80.

Last edited:
Clean looking rig. Get that thing baselined and go make some memories.

Sorry for your loss. Nice rig. Welcome to 'mud.

Last edited:
Double score on the new front seat! I kill to get my cloth interior back.

First, I am sorry to hear of the passing of your cousin.

He definitely left you a great vehicle and that vehicle is in great hands.

Don't see too many with cloth seats either. Awesome job washing and cleaning up the interior.

First, I am sorry to hear of the passing of your cousin.

He definitely left you a great vehicle and that vehicle is in great hands.

Don't see too many with cloth seats either. Awesome job washing and cleaning up the interior.
Thank you. He was very sick for a long time. He put a lot into his 80, it’s just been neglected for the past 3 or 4 years. It’s going to be fun getting this thing back able to hit the trails.

Thank you. He was very sick for a long time. He put a lot into his 80, it’s just been neglected for the past 3 or 4 years. It’s going to be fun getting this thing back able to hit the trails.
I am sure you will take care of as he would have. He gave you a great canvas to build/add to.

well the suspension if fully shot. This is definitely a project. It has Old Man Emu “charger Sport” shocks/struts, and OME springs starting with part #85.. it’s pretty rusty. One of the coil springs is snapped. What would be a good replacement set up given all the extra weight from the bumpers/winch? In theory I’d like to just replace in kind, but I don’t know Jack about 80’s, or Toyotas in general.

Also, I ordered up some new front rotors/pads, and shoes.

Oil leaks are apparent. Going to pressure wash to clean off the crud. Need to track it down. I haven’t had a vehicle with oils leaks for quite a while! I’m not used to dealing with rust. I’m going to start soaking bolts asap…

IMG_1189.jpeg

IMG_1185.jpeg

IMG_1187.jpeg

IMG_1184.jpeg

What will be your use of the truck, realistically?

You have a fair amount of armor front and rear.

If you go back with OME, call Cruiser Outfitters. Don't get the OME sport version shocks, as they are much stiffer than the other version.

Many here will tell Dobinson, but you need to do your research and TALK to them and Cruiser Outfitters. Actually use the phone so you can get it all out at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom