Gasket question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

airon23

SILVER Star
Threads
The gasket set came with 2 fuel pump gaskets, I need to use both? Sorry maybe a stupid question. Btw not a new fuel pump just cleaned up really well.

Second question the little ring gasket, what is that for? I already used the larger one for the oil pan screw but can't figure out what this one is for.
IMG_20200618_125529.jpg

The gasket set came with 2 fuel pump gaskets, I need to use both? Sorry maybe a stupid question. Btw not a new fuel pump just cleaned up really well.

Second question the little ring gasket, what is that for? I already used the larger one for the oil pan screw but can't figure out what this one is for.
View attachment 2344154
If you use a later 2F fuel pump, it needs a spacer because of the longer arm. The 2 gaskets are for either side of the spacer. F or early 2F pump arm is shorter and doesn’t require the spacer.

Last edited:
If you use a 2F fuel pump, it needs a spacer because of the longer arm. The 2 gaskets are for either side of the spacer.

that only applies to later 2Fs, the early versions didn't have a spacer on the fuel pump

If you have no spacer use only one gasket...do not use 2.

Regarding the O ring gasket...no help. I ’think’ I kinda remember using that gasket somewhere, but not sure. Sorry.

the "I" shaped gasket is for the oil filter mount to block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom