Gas saver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now that we’re up to $3-5 a gallon! Anybody have any successful modifications to help with gas mileage for the 200 series beast!? The Econo feature on my display has always humored me. From time to time I’ve tried to get a 10th of a mile per gallon better. I’ve never had any luck! 😜

So far I’ve observed the following:
  • RTT hurts mileage. If you have one, lose the tent
  • Regear seems to have helped… probably cheaper in the near term to just Uber though
  • 200 series isn’t designed for MPG, if that’s a priority, find another solution
  • After 70ish MPH mileage drops, so slow down
  • If you put 3-4 passengers in the car, your MPG per capita improves. Find some friends to bring along for the ride… that helps solve many of life’s problems
YMMV, literally

Econo actually helps if you have a heavy foot. Probably you don't have one so that's why you find it funny. It can be turned off in the settings BTW.
Me coming from a sports car I find the Econo useful now after being very annoyed initially.
As they ^ said I also have other cars.

Now that we’re up to $3-5 a gallon! Anybody have any successful modifications to help with gas mileage for the 200 series beast!? The Econo feature on my display has always humored me. From time to time I’ve tried to get a 10th of a mile per gallon better. I’ve never had any luck! 😜
Here’s a recent long thread on that. Might give you some info.

Don’t use ethanol gas.

Coast.... a lot.

Driving on the interstate at 70 mph i was able to get 19.2 mpg computer indicated on rolling terrain. I was pretty pleased. I am getting around 15 mpg around town. I am using some hypermiling techniques.

Drive downhill more.

If these vehicles were only equipped with that tech that shuts the engine off at every stop light...
/s

Properly inflated tires
use cruise control
coast to a stop, when safe
remove weight
drive slower
avoid routes with left hand turns
run stop signs and red lights
drive with mirrors folded in
turn engine off going down hill
draft off other vehicles

remove all seats but the driver seat - 200lb
leave the spare tire at home - 80 lb
take off the roof rack - 10lb + aero
take off the skids - 40lb
never fill more than a half tank of gas - 100 lb
That should be something like 400 lbs of weight reduction + some aero gain, and worth at least 1 mpg.

I wonder if using the ECT 2nd mode will help in city driving? It definitely causes me to accelerate slower.

I wonder if using the ECT 2nd mode will help in city driving? It definitely causes me to accelerate slower.
Unlikely. If anything, I suspect it may make fuel consumption even worse.

My best fuel economy is when I set cruise control at 10kph over the limit and stop touching the skinny pedal. 19mpg on mostly flat terrain is very achievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom