Builds FZJ80 The Devils Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is one bumper build I remember. I know there are others like it that show the build and final product.

A fabricators 80 build....

If I find more I'll let you know. Also @jcardona1 has a different bumper now. I think his is a 4x4 labs bumper which was posted above that he has modified a little bit.

Pre Ordered Items - arrivals ...

The Nitro Package ...

ImageUploadedByPW Forums1462734949.925375.jpg
ImageUploadedByPW Forums1462734960.644129.jpg
ImageUploadedByPW Forums1462734974.828039.jpg

Here is one bumper build I remember. I know there are others like it that show the build and final product.

A fabricators 80 build....

If I find more I'll let you know. Also @jcardona1 has a different bumper now. I think his is a 4x4 labs bumper which was posted above that he has modified a little bit.

Saw This One Too .. Man He Has Magic In His Work ... Very Clean Build ...

Seems Bumper Meals Are So Delicious & Em Getting Confused Now ... ha ha ha

RECEIVED

Draglink Chrome Moly 4140 Steering Arm 38mm
&
Solid Chrome Moly 4140 Tierod Arm Rock Rod 38mm

ImageUploadedByPW Forums1466412601.149367.jpg
Draglink Chrome Moly 4140 Steering Arm.jpg
Draglink Chrome Moly 4140 Steering Arm.jpg
55e18c8f-d943-4455-89cb-e171d1dacde2_5.jpg
55e18c8f-d943-4455-89cb-e171d1dacde2_3.jpg

The DEPO AUTO LAMPS 6 Piece Light Set

l1.jpg
l2.jpg
l3.jpg
l4.jpg
l5.jpg

While those wheels are cool, I don't think they are right for a 80. Just my opinion but sometimes less bling actually makes a rig "pop" more. Maybe if you had a flat paint job on the body they would contrast well, but you have a nice shiny paint job. Like if you just did a simple steel wheel maybe even with bead locks and paint them a flat color that contrasts with the body I think it would look cleaner. Also if you go with a narrower rim it will be less prone to damaging the edge of the wheel. Also think about getting those tires siped. It will increase traction and its a cheap mod. In addition, by beefing up the tie rods, you move the weak link elsewhere. By beefing up the tie rods, the weak is no longer the tie rods but rather the steering knuckle arms or the sector shaft. If you break a sector shaft in the middle of nowhere, it makes for a very bad day. Now if you run hydro assist on the steering, then that takes pressure off of the sector shaft, and it also makes for effortless steering. I like some of the bumper choices you have mentioned that you are considering, I think all of them you mentioned will look good and be very functional. Those light bars are really cool, try to blend them in with the bumper or roof rack. Basically make people look for your mods, they are their(not that you have to hit a button and they flip out of nowhere), but you gotta look for a bit to notice all the cool functional stuff because it all blends together and fits together well. At least thats what I have noticed with the builds of some of the coolest rigs Ive seen on here. Don't forget to get some good skid plates too. Maybe you already thought of that though

While those wheels are cool, I don't think they are right for a 80. Just my opinion but sometimes less bling actually makes a rig "pop" more. Maybe if you had a flat paint job on the body they would contrast well, but you have a nice shiny paint job. Like if you just did a simple steel wheel maybe even with bead locks and paint them a flat color that contrasts with the body I think it would look cleaner. Also if you go with a narrower rim it will be less prone to damaging the edge of the wheel. Also think about getting those tires siped. It will increase traction and its a cheap mod. In addition, by beefing up the tie rods, you move the weak link elsewhere. By beefing up the tie rods, the weak is no longer the tie rods but rather the steering knuckle arms or the sector shaft. If you break a sector shaft in the middle of nowhere, it makes for a very bad day. Now if you run hydro assist on the steering, then that takes pressure off of the sector shaft, and it also makes for effortless steering. I like some of the bumper choices you have mentioned that you are considering, I think all of them you mentioned will look good and be very functional. Those light bars are really cool, try to blend them in with the bumper or roof rack. Basically make people look for your mods, they are their(not that you have to hit a button and they flip out of nowhere), but you gotta look for a bit to notice all the cool functional stuff because it all blends together and fits together well. At least thats what I have noticed with the builds of some of the coolest rigs Ive seen on here. Don't forget to get some good skid plates too. Maybe you already thought of that though

Very Well Said ...

already working on the Steering Sector & will keep ur suggestion in mind ...

I have 15" Micky Rims Also a decent Set Of Rims For 35" Tires ...

& I Have Swamper 38" Also with 16.5 Rim :) also in Stock .. have a look At These
1.jpg

2.jpg

I Used Them Once On My 70 Series ...

Turning Was Hell Issue & Rig Was Not Lifted That Much ... Just Did A Testing & Evaluation ..

But On 80 Series With My Current Suspension Setup & 4.88 Gear Package It Will be Not Issue ...
(Will Use Them Very often)

1382530451551.jpg
1382530492111.jpg
1382530793484.jpg

Great thread Hollowman. We need to put the world to peace so we can come 4x4 over there, and you guys can come wheel here. Too bad three's so much tension in the world. Folks need to get out on the trails more and maybe they'd relax some.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for being here! Just caught up on your progress and I love the work so far. There are so many parts you have access to that most of us here in the U.S. have never seen it makes it really fun. Keep up the good work and keep sharing please!

I Used Them Once On My 70 Series ...

Turning Was Hell Issue & Rig Was Not Lifted That Much ... Just Did A Testing & Evaluation ..

But On 80 Series With My Current Suspension Setup & 4.88 Gear Package It Will be Not Issue ...
(Will Use Them Very often)

Great Intro! Your 70 series looks like a lot of fun. Keep posting up all the goody pics.

Regarding those 38s, you will have issues unless you restrict your suspension travel significantly or do some cutting of the wheel well/fenders.

Regarding bumpers, it's a personal decision. The Slee is very well liked around here. It's low profile, tough and looks good. Although I haven't always been crazy about 4x4 Labs older bumpers and kits (as assembled by individuals), I really like the current version, especially with a 1" body lift. It tucks just right under the turn signals and still offers some of the best approach angles.

IMG_8714.jpg

IMG_8716.jpg

Great Intro! Your 70 series looks like a lot of fun. Keep posting up all the goody pics.

Regarding those 38s, you will have issues unless you restrict your suspension travel significantly or do some cutting of the wheel well/fenders.

Regarding bumpers, it's a personal decision. The Slee is very well liked around here. It's low profile, tough and looks good. Although I haven't always been crazy about 4x4 Labs older bumpers and kits (as assembled by individuals), I really like the current version, especially with a 1" body lift. It tucks just right under the turn signals and still offers some of the best approach angles.

thank u for the good words ...

well those 38" will be just very Occasionally & yes u r correct about the fender issue so i hav somthing already in my mind ..

the new wide fenders are also with me just need to install them soon ..

by the way nice Rig u got there ..

50mm 13 row AN-10/AN10 Double - Deck Oil Cooler Hose Filter Relocation kit by Winner Racing
Engine/transmission Oil Cooler

• 13 rows heavy duty oil cooler (50mm thick core) + 3 x 4 feet stainless steel braided hoses + 4 x straight fittings +2 x 90 degree + adapter and fittings
  • Fittings. AN10
  • CENTER DISTENCE :262MM
  • Core and Tank: ALL ALUMINUM
  • Universal oil cooler kit for high performance and heavy duty Japan tuning vehicles
50mm 13 row  Deck Oil Cooler Hose Filter Relocation kit.jpg

ImageUploadedByPW Forums1466415724.823361.jpg
ImageUploadedByPW Forums1466415735.358873.jpg

Last edited:
If I were your wife I would let you build this up and then cut you off until it became "mine".

Looking good!

Updated List : 23/07/2016

Exterior :
Offroad Wide Fender Flares Set - Received
Bug Shield Front & Back - Received
DEPO 6 Piece Set Front Head Lights Crystal - Received

Engine & Gear :
NGK IRIDIUM (IX) Spark Plug - 6 Pieces - Received
Aeromotive 11140 Fuel Pump 340lph Stealth Pump - Received
Magnecor 65234 8.5mm KV85 CN Series Ignition Cable - Received
Nitro 4.88 Ratio, Nitro Front & Rear Gear Kit - Received
The "TRU FLOW" Toyota Timing Chain Kit (as after 100,000km required) - Received
50mm 13 Row AN-10/AN10 Double - Deck Oil Cooler Hose Filter Relocation Kit - Received

Exhaust & Headers :
American OffRoad "Mid Exhaust" & Ganador Muffler Single Tip (Have In Stock Will Insatall in a Day or So) - Installed
Borla Cat Back Exhaust System Purchased. - Received

Genie Headers Long Tube Set - Received
MangaFlow 23622 Catalytic Converter Front - Received
Kool It Heat Warped On Headers - Received
Kool It Heat & Rust Proofing On Headers - Received

Heat, Rust & Sound Control System :

DYNAMAT 72 Sq ft Heat & Sound Proofing Inside - Received
Rubber Coating Water & Rust Proofing Under Chassis - Received

Suspension, Break System & Axles :
4" Lift Kit Stage-2 Suspension Package " PEDDERS "
(Australian Brand For Suspension Solution) - Received
30mm Front & Rear Polyurethane Coil Springs Spacers - Received
The 4" DropBox Kit - Received

Nitro Chromoly Birfield & Axel Kits - Received
30 Spl, Nitro Chrmoly Rear Axel Kit (Full Float, Pair) - Received
Heavy Duty Axles & Bearings Kit by NITRO - Received
Draglink Chrome Moly 4140 Steering Arm 38mm - Received
Solid Chrome Moly 4140 Tierod Rock Rod 38mm - Received

Wheels & Breaking System:
Mickey Thompson Baja Claw Radial 35x12.50R15 - Received
Mickey Thompson Rims 15" Light Weight 10" Wide - Received
G2 1.5" Wheel Spacer Black Coated Aluminium - Received
The Hawak Performance LTS Brake Pads Front Set - Received
The Hawak Performance LTS Brake Pads Rear Set - Received

Bumpers & Winch :
Front Off-Road Bumper (Custom Desgin) - Searching
Rear Off-Road Bumper (Custom Desgin) - Searching
Winch Warn Zeon 10 Premium Series - Received

Performance Parts :
K&N Gold Oil Filters - Received
K&N Pro Oil Filters - Received
K&N Air Filter - Received
ARB Safari Snorkel V-Specs SS81HF - Purachsed
HPS RED Reinforced Silicone Radiator + Pesky Heater Hose Kit - Received

Lighting System:
Rigid Industries Radiance 50" Red Back Light LED Bar - 25002 - Received
Rigid Industries Radiance 30" Red Back Light LED Bar - 23002 - Received

Off-road Tool Kits & Accessories - Pending

If I were your wife I would let you build this up and then cut you off until it became "mine".

Looking good!

ha ha ha
Nice one man ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom