Fzj80 rear driveahaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RocketCityCrzrs

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rocketcitycruisers.com
Do any of you guys know a supporting vendor that makes good replacement rear shafts? Looking at Toyota and they are 670 new. Don't mind spending that but I'd rather get beyter, maybe a DC, if I'm spending the money

Id just put a wanted ad up. Or hit up a part out post....

Do any of you guys know a supporting vendor that makes good replacement rear shafts? Looking at Toyota and they are 670 new. Don't mind spending that but I'd rather get beyter, maybe a DC, if I'm spending the money
Where can you find a new OEM one?!

$670?!?!

You are getting hosed dude.

Toyota MSRP is only $567.33

37110-60520

Go online and find the cheapest place that will sell it to you.

There's a '94 in my neighborhood that's being deboned right now. I could mudship if you wanted used. I need another excuse to visit UA anyway.

or go Wood Driveshaft and get double cardon ends.

You mention possibly desiring a DC rear shaft but included no plans for a 3”+ lift.

Many members have been happy with he DC shaft built by Tatton.

If a standard, stock style driveline is what you actually need, the price beno quote earlier isn’t too bad for a driveline’s you will never need to replace. However, if you actually wheel your 80 and driveline damage is probable, seeking the least expensive, good quality solution would be prudent. By “good quality” I mean using toyota or Matsuba Ujoints only in the Toyota yokes. And if you went with a Tatton or locally built DC shaft use only Spicer joints in the DC head. I prefer the Spicer Life Series joint.

Hit up tom woods driveshafts almost half that OEM price and he hooked mine up bent my DS in MOAB last month 4by outpost had him make me one up its sweet.

Thanks all you guys for the information. I talked with my guy today over at toyota (the guy i usually deal with) and he told me the other price was wrong. I got the whole shaft new for 429 for both ends. Gonna try that and get rolling again

You mention possibly desiring a DC rear shaft but included no plans for a 3”+ lift.

Many members have been happy with he DC shaft built by Tatton.

If a standard, stock style driveline is what you actually need, the price beno quote earlier isn’t too bad for a driveline’s you will never need to replace. However, if you actually wheel your 80 and driveline damage is probable, seeking the least expensive, good quality solution would be prudent. By “good quality” I mean using toyota or Matsuba Ujoints only in the Toyota yokes. And if you went with a Tatton or locally built DC shaft use only Spicer joints in the DC head. I prefer the Spicer Life Series joint.

Baldilocks, i hadnt planed on going higher than the 2" i have now. I am running 285's and the 2" OME now and i like it. You arent the only one that has said the DC shaft is not at all necessary for that little height adjustment.

Are you missing yours, or is it just totally worn out? If it is just dam

I have three sitting on my garage floor

$670?!?!

You are getting hosed dude.

Toyota MSRP is only $567.33

37110-60520

Go online and find the cheapest place that will sell it to you.
F' Me!... And F' Yotamasters in Corona, CA!:bang: Last month they said they could "maybe" get me one for 800.00 because they were discontinued. Still paid 380.00 to locate a driveline vibe that they didn't fix. Sorry for rant. Good to know they are still out there.

FWIW, I just bought a Tatton DC rear shaft with thicker tubing an Spicer Life joints for $350 shipped. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Something to note though, they sell the rear as 2 parts. You have to buy the Tcase section with the male spline and the diff section with the female as two parts. Stupid as s***

Who "they" sells it as two parts?

Just bought a Tom Woods custom, the rear was like $395 shipped. High quality work but be sure to let them know the flange thickness you need as the stock spicer flanges are too thick to work with the factory studs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom