FRP top question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have just discovered that the FRP top on my BJ73 is missing nearly all the bolts that secure the rear of it to the sides of the vehicle. I think there are 4 per side and there is only one on the right and none on the left!

My question is: should there be a rubber strip between the FRP top (the surface with the captive nuts) and the body where the bolts go though to prevent the top rubbing the paint ?

Thanks

I think this might help.

76f30e4d25f3143a5dde2db59a8f05b2.png

I think you are looking for the 63161
You are in France? Spare parts for Automobile Toyota LAND CRUISER/LAND CRUISER PRADO | Buy spare parts for automobiles and moto equipment from Japan at reasonable prices in MegaZip online shop.
This site provides diagrams, listing of how many of each part is required for component. They ship Japanpost.
I hope this helps, I've ordered from them in Japan to Canada, very efficient. They have a online help, very handy.

Thanks for the link, amazing how much stuff there is still available for a 30 year old vehicle. I will certainly be looking for the best way to get parts to Europe now I know it exists

Bolted the FRP top up for now but will attempt to take the whole thing off when the weather is better and see what is what. At least 3 sheared off bolts to sort out.

Always plenty of things to do getting a new vehicle up to scratch but at least this one isn't too rusty which makes a change

I am running my FRP top with minimum bolts now too. I did a bunch of repairs and will wait
for summer to take it off again and finish up. Good luck! J

Has anyone done w/s or window runs on the slider window of a FRP?

Any tips, tricks or tips? I've had the W/S kicking around for a year but haven't had a chance to pull the glass and replace.

Any tips, tricks or tips? I've had the W/S kicking around for a year but haven't had a chance to pull the glass and replace.

Do you have the correct -90K weatherstripping? If so, consider that some serious unicorn parts.

Been disco for awhile now and the later -60050 stuff doesn't fit.

Ask me how I know. :(

I'm exactly where you are. When I bought this truck the PO gave me the guides but I haven't gotten to them yet.
The existing windows didn't leak under full pressure at the wand car wash last week so I'm not in a rush.

Last edited:
Do you have the correct -90K weatherstripping? If so, consider that some serious unicorn parts.

These are the set provided for me. What do you know about these?
IMG_1569.JPG

Good question, I'll have to dig them out and check. What was the change?

There are two part number supersession tracks.

62755/62756-60050 window runs DO NOT work on the earlier FRP topped sliding windows.

62755/62756-60040 window runs might work. I don't know.

I have the 60040 version. I got those from Yan a couple years ago and they have been in the to-do pile.

Kurt I have been told the windows come out fairly easily. Fist you remove the inner trim ring on the frame lip. Then you cut the urethane with a suitable knife and out comes the assembly. You would then remove the division bar and spread the frame slightly to get the glass panes out.

I need to get my frames blasted and powder coated while they are out. Who is your coater?

I have the 60040 version. I got those from Yan a couple years ago and they have been in the to-do pile.

Kurt I have been told the windows come out fairly easily. Fist you remove the inner trim ring on the frame lip. Then you cut the urethane with a suitable knife and out comes the assembly. You would then remove the division bar and spread the frame slightly to get the glass panes out.

I need to get my frames blasted and powder coated while they are out. Who is your coater?

Shop day? Let's do this!

@SteveJackson, have a spare set of frames I can get pre-cleaned up and coated?

Dan, I use Armor Coating is Taylorsville (Redwood and 215), they rock and are total 4x4 guys. They do all our bumpers, sliders, wheels, etc. We've also used Powder Extreme in Sandy (they did all of the E7 stuff and Greg's 200 parts too), also great guys and 4x4 gents.

Getting a set of "exchange" frames would rock. :grinpimp: That way the truck is not down for the count waiting for coating.

The trick is good cores.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom