front sway drop blocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I need to fab up a set of drop blocks. Ive had a whiteline front sway for a while. and Im going to install it. Im using @LandCruiserPhil quik dissconnects and need to know what size to make these drops. I saw slee's drop blocks on @Irish Reiver rig yesterday, and Ive seen others but I want to do this once. running my suspension without a RTT is sweet but with the medium maggiolina up top shes got some roll. about to head west again and would like to see how much better it will ride with front sway in. my rear sway is also a whiteline 31mm. so with both in she should roll less. Im gessing. I have 6in of suspension and an 1 of body lift.
DSCN8032.JPG

Im going to make a version of this, but dont know the dimensions. ie: how much drop.

drop.jpg

A member named hiti66 makes some nice aluminum drop blocks in a few sizes. Because of his prices It was worth while for me to buy his rather than fab them. May be worth a look unless you’re set on making your own or prefer steel.

Reactions: RFB
This isn't a precision measurement here we're talking about. Just drop it down not a lot baby girl, just a lil' bit. It'll work fine if it's a bit too low, and it's not a common interference item for trail objects, so erring on the side of a bit lower is better than hitting the driveshaft constantly.

#lizardpeople

This isn't a precision measurement here we're talking about. Just drop it down not a lot baby girl, just a lil' bit. It'll work fine if it's a bit too low, and it's not a common interference item for trail objects, so erring on the side of a bit lower is better than hitting the driveshaft constantly.

#lizardpeople
Roger that #harvardisout

I need to fab up a set of drop blocks. Ive had a whiteline front sway for a while. and Im going to install it. Im using @LandCruiserPhil quik dissconnects and need to know what size to make these drops. I saw slee's drop blocks on @Irish Reiver rig yesterday, and Ive seen others but I want to do this once. running my suspension without a RTT is sweet but with the medium maggiolina up top shes got some roll. about to head west again and would like to see how much better it will ride with front sway in. my rear sway is also a whiteline 31mm. so with both in she should roll less. Im gessing. I have 6in of suspension and an 1 of body lift. View attachment 1858469
I might have a set of Slee you can have

If you do run a front sway you should be careful, I stopped cause I ripped it off the axle mount which takes out your hard line on pass front brake.

If you do run a front sway you should be careful, I stopped cause I ripped it off the axle mount which takes out your hard line on pass front brake.
Yea I remember you telling me that in your driveway I made drop blocks gonna set it up and see what it looks like. its been sitting around for a year so.......... see you soon. ish

This is probably the first and easiest DIY mod you can do on this vehicle.
2" square x 3/16" wall steel tubing.
A hacksaw, file and hand drill could get you there. No welding needed.

These 2" drops are probably a bit more than needed for a 2" lift, but works fine for it (like OME medium lift).
Not sure if it's enough for 4" lift or not, but an additional piece of 2" x 1/2" aluminum bar stock could be easily added.
(edit: see below, @Hitit66 says no need)
DropBlock_side_1.jpg
DropBlock_end_2.jpg

Last edited:
That's good info (and a nice part too) and adds some clarity. Have long wondered how much drop is really needed compared to lift.

I never make 2'' or 2.5'' spacers.
The 1 1/4'' good for up to 3'' lift.
I have made some 1 1/2'' good for up to 4'' lift ...
In market mostly 2'' spacers sell but ... the sway bar drop down too much ... hit to rocks possible.

Last edited:
The first style ("I" shape) that is mentioned in this thread are structurally inferior vs a square stock or solid machined bracket.

My set of "I" shaped lasted about 2 years before breaking on the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom