Front pans (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok quick update I had some issues with how I was packing the pans new packing will be here tomorrow and I will get the packed up and weighed and get back to everyone that sent me a pm sorry for the delay
Hopefully by end of the week shop will have an idea of the other pats I asked them to make
Front body mounts
Front fender patches
And supports for behind them

Ok quick update I had some issues with how I was packing the pans new packing will be here tomorrow and I will get the packed up and weighed and get back to everyone that sent me a pm sorry for the delay
Hopefully by end of the week shop will have an idea of the other pats I asked them to make
Front body mounts
Front fender patches
And supports for behind them
I’ve been enjoying the threads from the pig society- and I never thought I’d say this - but I’m get’n the pig. (Yes, movie reference from RED).

Anyway. My new to me 1974 2F, 4sp will be shipped here in a couple of weeks and I’ll then start in on a multi year something. Not a build, not a resto mod - lets just call it enjoyment for the time being. I will be the third owner and it is running - but like all of us, needs a bit of attention.

Hope to get a chance to meet at some point. Thanks!

I’ve been enjoying the threads from the pig society- and I never thought I’d say this - but I’m get’n the pig. (Yes, movie reference from RED).

Anyway. My new to me 1974 2F, 4sp will be shipped here in a couple of weeks and I’ll then start in on a multi year something. Not a build, not a resto mod - lets just call it enjoyment for the time being. I will be the third owner and it is running - but like all of us, needs a bit of attention.

Create your own thread and post some PIG pics when able. Moving back home to Oklahoma in 8 weeks (south of Bristow) maybe we can connect this summer.
Welcome!

Pics!!!

Create your own thread and post some PIG pics when able. Moving back home to Oklahoma in 8 weeks (south of Bristow) maybe we can connect this summer.
Welcome!
Hoping we can meet up before you move!
Or @FJBen and I make the drive up there...

Yes. Pics tell the story, for sure. Well, what had happened, I’m still working on the move details. The pig is up at 8,500 elevation in Golden, CO. I’ll add a teaser pic from February when I went on my pig hunt. We were there in Golden for President’s Day weekend. We had first seen the pig in 2017 and I wanted to see it again - so we ventured out and found it - and then when the owner said he’s thinking about selling it (I blacked out for the next five minutes, at least). When I came to we were shaking hands and I had bought the pig.

Anyway, I’m hoping to get it here in April or May. Golden still has storms that roll through and dump feet of snow up in the mountains, so we are going to wait. And no one likes that, but it’s for the best. They say.

I’ve been camped out in the preserving patina section of mud - so hopefully I’ll be ready with good plans when the pig arrives here. I’ll be sure to take progress photos of the preserving patina steps - cause I’m not looking to turn it into a show car and store it away. Right?

C9C44E01-F1D2-470E-BC7A-E506E3B83848.jpeg

Yes. Pics tell the story, for sure. Well, what had happened, I’m still working on the move details. The pig is up at 8,500 elevation in Golden, CO. I’ll add a teaser pic from February when I went on my pig hunt. We were there in Golden for President’s Day weekend. We had first seen the pig in 2017 and I wanted to see it again - so we ventured out and found it - and then when the owner said he’s thinking about selling it (I blacked out for the next five minutes, at least). When I came to we were shaking hands and I had bought the pig.

Anyway, I’m hoping to get it here in April or May. Golden still has storms that roll through and dump feet of snow up in the mountains, so we are going to wait. And no one likes that, but it’s for the best. They say.

I’ve been camped out in the preserving patina section of mud - so hopefully I’ll be ready with good plans when the pig arrives here. I’ll be sure to take progress photos of the preserving patina steps - cause I’m not looking to turn it into a show car and store it away. Right?

View attachment 2976905
Crazy! My 40 (1st Cruiser) came from up in the foothills, W of Golden!
And my Pig is a ‘74, Nebula Green.
What is your Pig’s DOM?

Start a thread!

Crazy! My 40 (1st Cruiser) came from up in the foothills, W of Golden!
And my Pig is a ‘74, Nebula Green.
What is your Pig’s DOM?

Start a thread!
Yes. When I pick it up and get it back here I will have to start a thread to document the progress. My understanding is that it’s a 1974, 1F and 4spd manual. It sounds like the transmission switched to 4 speed later in that model year cause I have seen some ‘74’s listed as 3 speed manual. I think I can live with a 4 speed - similar to my 1977 40 with 2F and 4 speed. Though I’m always trying to shift to 5th if I’m on any stretch of road. I’ll just have to get it and drive it and see what unfolds. I also have a buddy that wants to see how a Cummins 2.8 crate engine would be as a swop project. I guess that would make me the Guinea pig. Hmm. I’ll have to think about that and see how it unfolds. Could be interesting.

Thanks!

Gabe up in Nederland not selling that is he? I purchased a LV up in the hills above boulder/golden area before. If I wasn't stuck moving a few cruisers to Okla. end of May through June I would be happy to grab it. Maybe something will work out.

Gabe up in Nederland not selling that is he? I purchased a LV up in the hills above boulder/golden area before. If I wasn't stuck moving a few cruisers to Okla. end of May through June I would be happy to grab it. Maybe something will work out.
The current owner is Tim and he’s had it since 1985 when he purchased it from the original owner. So it’s been in Colorado all it’s life and will now be moving to Kansas City (yes, where there is salt. So I will promise to be careful).

Good evening
Sorry for the delay getting all the pans that have been asked for and quoted tomorrow for shipping so I can get them out by the weekend,
Got a call from the fab shop the have the front body mounts ready to start making if your interested let me know
Again thank you for your patience
Jonathan

1D265029-13CD-44F3-B63F-10E35EE6D60C.jpeg

Good evening
Sorry for the delay getting all the pans that have been asked for and quoted tomorrow for shipping so I can get them out by the weekend,
Got a call from the fab shop the have the front body mounts ready to start making if your interested let me know
Again thank you for your patience
Jonathan

View attachment 2980688
need both front, how much and ETA? PLEASE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom