FREE! Thread for free stuff. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Free!

Two 5/8 “D” rings for those big swinging cruiser bumpers out there!
9C116C2A-44D4-431D-A6E2-25AC0412F6F3.jpeg

Probably just as well I lost it, being a red head those things are no good for me anyways, they only give the illusion of sun protection. :meh:

Can you give my red head son a lecture? I can't seem to get this point across to him. Despite the repeated blistered ears and red neck.

Can you give my red head son a lecture? I can't seem to get this point across to him. Despite the repeated blistered ears and red neck.
Haha, this right here is why I'm not already dead from skin cancer. Still have mine but it's 25 years old now.
Can't go out on a boat without it.

Even a fedora is better than a ballcap.

Hard part is always finding hats that don't look like cowboy hats.

That ****ing guy is responsible for more skin cancer than the hole in the ozone layer...

Single handedly made it not cool to wear a proper sun hat.

Once you hit the tropics and literally blister in the sun in under 20 minutes, how cool you look ceases to bother you. :meh:

Long sleeved dress shirts are the best, cooler than t-shirts and with the cuffs down they cover your hands too.

Didn't figure that out till I'd burnt the back of my hands a few too many times holding the wheel. Oh well.

Haha, this right here is why I'm not already dead from skin cancer. Still have mine but it's 25 years old now.
Can't go out on a boat without it.

Even a fedora is better than a ballcap.

Hard part is always finding hats that don't look like cowboy hats.

I've bought a number of hats like that. He won't be caught dead in them.

At least he'll put on sunscreen if I ask him....

I could swear the myths about stubbornness of red heads are true and not myths at all. :bang:

I've bought a number of hats like that. He won't be caught dead in them.

At least he'll put on sunscreen if I ask him....

I could swear the myths about stubbornness of red heads are true and not myths at all. :bang:
There's a reason I don't have kids. Last thing I need is a smaller version of me...I'd get knifed in my sleep for sure. :lol:

But that's the Gilligan effect. Made those hats dorky so kids won't wear them.

Knew an older red haired guy in southern california, every year he had to get another ¼" trimmed off his ears...**** that noise. I'd rather wear a hat.
I have a couple of the more Aussie style hats that are pretty cool. Look decent enough once you've gotten used to wearing them.

Silly there's even an issue anymore but kids are assholes.

Those frillneck things I pretty much just treat as ppe when on a boat or something.

Only thing I've found that keeps the sun off. Newer ones have a flap to cover the face too. Mine just has velcro and I could pull it closed over my nose.

Trouble for me is sunblock is a multiplication of your own sun defense. So if that number is 0, doesn't make much difference how high an SPF you slap on.

I hate sunscreen. Hardly ever wear it, and it's been a long time since I had a sunburn.

I’d take them both if you think they’ll fit. One size fits all are too small 95% of the time... :D
Sure, I'll put them away. Not sure how to get them to you. Unless you are coming up island

Tilley - sun hats that work, look good and have so many styles now its kinda dumb. BTW, there is a reason ball caps
are worn by Rednecks, self evident anyhow to me.

Nick, get your kid a hoody. Might sound counter intuitive but the Mexican roofers in Texas
all wear them all day, keep the sun off their heads and necks and proper material they are nice. I wear mine
in July to keep the sun off and also they are thick enough to keep horseflies and mosquito's from biting.

Tilley - sun hats that work, look good and have so many styles now its kinda dumb. BTW, there is a reason ball caps
are worn by Rednecks, self evident anyhow to me.

Nick, get your kid a hoody. Might sound counter intuitive but the Mexican roofers in Texas
all wear them all day, keep the sun off their heads and necks and proper material they are nice. I wear mine
in July to keep the sun off and also they are thick enough to keep horseflies and mosquito's from biting.

Even I won't wear a Tilley hat :flipoff2: :lol:

Seriously tho, their brims have always been too small to do me any good.

That's actually a great idea. He loves hoodies. Just have to find a summer compatible one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom