Foglights in 80 Series OEM bumper? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what lights fit in the cutouts in the 80 series front bumper? I noticed that there are brackets to mount foglights in them. Anyone used these before? I am talking about the cutouts adjacent to the license plate, where you see my heater cord protruding. I will try to get another picture of the brackets.
20220218_170757.jpg

This is the bracket, sticking off of the frame. Is there an OEM light that goes on this?

View attachment 2936140

View attachment 2936141
What year is your truck and is it a USA issue?

My 96 LC (with airbags) has a "side rail extension" that bolts into those holes that the FSM states "is necessary for proper airbag operation". Not really, but it may affect when they deploy, adding a cushion to delay the firing of the airbag.

See the following screen shot from the 96 FSM:

1645800627146.png

OP, ran across this while looking for something else.

If you install a slee harness you can install fog bulbs in the bright side of the stock headlights. That's how they are setup on jdm cruisers from the factory.
Really? I upgraded Slee harness along with a pair of 9011 bulbs in mine not too long ago and always wanted a set of fog lights.
So, I can just drop in a pair of yellow bulbs in there? Any Muds have these mod in their truck?

Really? I upgraded Slee harness along with a pair of 9011 bulbs in mine not too long ago and always wanted a set of fog lights.
So, I can just drop in a pair of yellow bulbs in there? Any Muds have these mod in their truck?

What year is your truck and is it a USA issue?

My 96 LC (with airbags) has a "side rail extension" that bolts into those holes that the FSM states "is necessary for proper airbag operation". Not really, but it may affect when they deploy, adding a cushion to delay the firing of the airbag.

See the following screen shot from the 96 FSM:

View attachment 2936212
@BILT4ME On a side note, where did you find a pdf of the service manual?? I lug the paper Grainger sized one around. I’m still looking for fog lights for vent holes,,, hoping an OEM shape exists :)

@BILT4ME On a side note, where did you find a pdf of the service manual?? I lug the paper Grainger sized one around. I’m still looking for fog lights for vent holes,,, hoping an OEM shape exists :)
If you look above in the "RESOURCES" section you can find all the manuals for your truck.

Make sure to get the EWD as well.

I printed the manual and keep it in my truck, but I also have it on my computer and phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom