Floor mats Husky or weather tech (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I have weather techs and have always had weather tech, But in the 80 the drivers floor mat is short and never in place, i went offroad today and do at least twice a week and sometimes for a motnhs at a time. are huskys better for the drivers side than weather tech?/ please chime in

I wonder if the mat clips would help hold it in place?

Reactions: RFB
Husky's have been in mine for 23 years...carpet looks new. Only thing I don't like is it feels like I cant depress the gas pedal all the way at times. I might just cut that section out completely...:hmm:

Reactions: RFB
I have weather techs and have always had weather tech, But in the 80 the drivers floor mat is short and never in place, i went offroad today and do at least twice a week and sometimes for a motnhs at a time. are huskys better for the drivers side than weather tech?/ please chime in
Get the Weathertech LINER, not the matt. Totally different. Liners have walls; matts just lay there...

Last edited:
Husky's have been in mine for 23 years...carpet looks new. Only thing I don't like is it feels like I cant depress the gas pedal all the way at times. I might just cut that section out completely...:hmm:
In 23 years you haven’t cut that out?

Huskys; added a small hole for the OEM clip to hold drivers in place. Looked at the carpets today. Perfect after years or snow and beach sand.

I had Weathertech in the 450. They must have been the liners as they were great, even during the in-n-out on sticky mud days like mid July here.

They were too long, I cut down the entire front to expose more of the deadpedal & get back the throttlestop limit. If they were grey they would have been transferred to the black 80 when I went to sell the 450.

I bought sandgrabba matts last year and like them a lot.

Looking for a set myself, post some pics so we can all see how they lay

I have the Husky liners and the driver's mat tended to get pushed forward so that I can't depress my gas pedal all the way. I ended up cutting a section out to prevent this but it still drives me crazy when the mat is pushed forward. That being said, I've had melted snow/mud pooled under the mat and the carpet stayed clean and dry!

That is why I bought the Sandgrabba mats.:)

I have Husky Liners in a 95 Jeep GC and hey are OK, but over time, the edges have all folded in and have reshaped themselves, but they stayed in place.

I have WeatherTechs in my LC and I really like them. I did have to do some extra security to hold them in. I used the clip from WT under the carpet, but then I also cut a small hole in the corner where the factory hole in our carpet is and installed a black plastic plastic push-retainer that snapped into the hole and has about a 1-1/2" head on it so it hold the mat securely.

Husky for the second row, because it's very form fitting, rigid and cheaper. WT for the front because the Husky ones slide around and are too rigid.

Here's a Weathertech liner. Doesn't move around at all.
mat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom