Fj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
99F5B4FE-16A5-4BFF-8A75-5C646B4A406E.jpeg

fZj. But looks great.
Is that toyotas cement paint code?

You really need a wrap on the hood to make it look like carbon fiber to make it complete.......

@AlanCruiser

Don't worry, we beat on EVERYONE when they first get here!

Welcome! :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

We'll kick you and knock you down, but then we'll help you up and answer your questions!

Let us know what you need!

Couple things:
We WILL bag on you if you don't do a search.
Don't start a new thread on every little thing. Every possible thing you want to do to your LC has been done (except, perhaps make a carbon fiber hood)

Maybe designate one thread as "YOUR build thread" so that you can keep track of stuff you do and questions you ask. Some of us will muck it up with sodomy and name-calling, but that's to be somewhat expected.

Most of us are a bunch of old bastards that want you to get off our lawn, so bear with us. Give it right back, and we'll be good!

BTW, What oil should I run and what tires will fit on my LC?

Oh, and BTW, your appears to be a 95-97, so it would be an FZJ80, sporting the 1FZ-FE engine, so yes, read up on all the head gasket replacement threads.

@AlanCruiser

Don't worry, we beat on EVERYONE when they first get here!

Welcome! :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

We'll kick you and knock you down, but then we'll help you up and answer your questions!

Let us know what you need!

Couple things:
We WILL bag on you if you don't do a search.
Don't start a new thread on every little thing. Every possible thing you want to do to your LC has been done (except, perhaps make a carbon fiber hood)

Maybe designate one thread as "YOUR build thread" so that you can keep track of stuff you do and questions you ask. Some of us will muck it up with sodomy and name-calling, but that's to be somewhat expected.

Most of us are a bunch of old bastards that want you to get off our lawn, so bear with us. Give it right back, and we'll be good!

BTW, What oil should I run and what tires will fit on my LC?

Oh, and BTW, your appears to be a 95-97, so it would be an FZJ80, sporting the 1FZ-FE engine, so yes, read up on all the head gasket replacement threads.
Yeah i noticed haha, but i will keep that in mind next time for sure , and about the oil which one would you personally recommend i just recently hit 300k

Is this the one that was restored by someone else on here? Can't remember his name...
yeah... really:)
Is this the one that was restored by someone else on here? Can't remember his name...
You mighta wanted to post this in the 80 Series Registry

Change the wheels, reminds me of gaudy pickups. Ditch the running boards and replace them with sliders.
I will be keeping the wheels haha, but i will for sure be changing the running boards soon

Yeah i noticed haha, but i will keep that in mind next time for sure , and about the oil which one would you personally recommend i just recently hit 300k
I use Quaker State 5W-30 regular Dino oil.
I change it every 6-7000 miles.
Mine is a DD, about 13-20K per year.
My oil cap states to use 5W-30.

I accidentally put in 10W-30 once and it started leaking oil bad, burning it a bunch, and every 2000 miles, I was adding a quart. Prior to that and after correcting it, I had to add zero oil between oil changes and the change in level during that 6-7K miles on the dipstick was negligible.

My tires are Goodyear Duratracs, 285/75-16. I currently have 72K miles on them (set of 5)

I tighten my wheel bearings to 35 LB-FT, with the outer nut at 45 LB-FT.

I don't run any synthetic lubes.

I use Valvoline Palladium in the knuckles, and Lucas Red-N-Tacky 2 for all wheel bearings and U-Joints. The slip-yokes get the Palladium.

I run my tire pressures at 34 unless I'm doing a trip, then I bump up to 42 LB.

I have a 2.5" OME lift with heavies in F/R and the heavier shocks. It rides rough, but I always haul about 600 LB of crap everywhere I go, not including the power wheelchair on the lift that is always on the truck.

Oh, and I have the Chrome Package and I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom