Fj80 Knuckle rebuild kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys Im looking for the most dependable parts at the best deal for knuckle rebuild kits for a Fj80.

Thank you!

The good stuff, Knuckle Rebuild Kit - 80 Series - Sale Price $115.00
Cruiser Outfitters

What about kits for the rest of the axle besides the knuckle? Is there one kit for everything?

I want that poster bad by the way.

What "everything" do you speak of? Cruiser Outfitters, has gears, spindles, etc. Click the link, if you don't see it, call. Cruiser Outfitters

The Cruiser Outfitters kits will come with everything you need for the standard knuckle overhaul including step by step instructions with diagrams and a full exploded parts view. We stock every other axle part you might need including differential overhaul kits. Give us a ring when you're ready and we can talk through the needed parts and any additional considerations worth doing while you are in there.

How would I know if I need to rebuild my knuckles? What are the symptoms?
If i remember right the factory service manuals maintenance schedule says the knuckles are due for overhaul every 60.000 miles.

If i remember right the factory service manuals maintenance schedule says the knuckles are due for overhaul every 60.000 miles.

Care to post that document?

When I bought my LX the front birfs were bone dry & clicking something awful. I 3/4 filled them right then & it's been 60K miles since. All I've done is add some moly to them every ~15K miles & they've been just fine. Haven't clicked since I got it & they don't leak moly into the diff or diff fluid into the birf. I guess I've just been lucky! By reading all the horror stories on here I figured many, mnay miles ago I'd of had to overhaul them but I see no point when there's nothing wrong w/them.

Care to post that document?
My mistake, schedule B in my 1994 FSM states, that every 15, 30, 45, and 60 thousand miles (or every 24 months) to open up the steering knuckles to change all the grease. Along with that, it says that every 30, and 60 thousand miles (or every 24 months) to replace the wheel bearing grease.

My mistake, schedule B in my 1994 FSM states, that every 15, 30, 45, and 60 thousand miles (or every 24 months) to open up the steering knuckles to change all the grease. Along with that, it says that every 30, and 60 thousand miles (or every 24 months) to replace the wheel bearing grease.

Mine just notes, "inspect", at those intervals, take that as check/replenish grease level and condition.

Mine just notes, "inspect", at those intervals, take that as check/replenish grease level and condition.

Well, you have a pink-pantied Lexus, the Lexus FSM is probably written with the intended use in mind.

Real wheelers change their knuckle grease out every oil change.

My service manual list it as an "R" item, the R in my book stands for replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom