FJ80 Dash Cap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

USOffRoad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.usoffroad.us
We are working to finish a 1991 FJ80 build this month and I'm searching for a hard dash cap/cover. No carpet or other soft materials. I don't care if it's a cover or an OEM.

I thought I had found an aftermarket cap manufacturer but can't seem to find it. Searched all over MUD, nada. Any ideas?

Need gray.

IMG_20170404_122135.jpg

Last edited:
I am parting out a 1991 HDJ80 with a gray dash,it comes from Europe so it has never seen the sun.

Out of town now and will be back in the shop on Friday

This sparked my interest since I do not want to pull my entire dash and not a big fan of the carpet ones I did a search and several companies make one for the 40 and 60 series but couldnt find anything for the 80 series. I have a plastic one on my BMW that is awesome and you wouldn't know its a cover unless you were to start pulling things apart it would be awesome if someone made one for the 80

Here's a bump for interest- mine's completely cracked from years of the hot alabama sun.

Any updates on this? Anybody ever fill cracks with putty, sand it down and paint it, or any kind of Frankenstein revival?

Anyone ever come up with a FJ80 Dash Cap? Man I need a brown one.

I sent an email to a Toyota dash cap vendor on the net. Maybe if there is enough interest he can get his suppyler to make up a batch. The first gen 80 dash might be a low production as the dash changed later on.

False alarm - deleted.

Last edited:
Those are the fake wood inserts that go into various spots around the dash/console, not a dash cap.

Apologies for the zombie thread revival, but thought I'd do this instead of start a new thread... Has anyone here found a dash cap or cover that fits the early style (91-94?) dash on the 80? If so, would you please share the info and pics, if you have any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom