Fj80 carbon fiber parts

I know it’s unusual to see carbon fiber parts on a fj80, but does anybody know of someone who makes carbon fiber hoods for example

cody c

Short answer is no, though you may find some one offs or small foreign market offerings.

Is this a cosmetic interest or for more louvers/cooling or something? Other options for louvers, some info on this forum, I;ve added a STI scoop for a top mount intercooler, a few pics of that type of mod with the diesel junkies on here.

In terms of weight, it obviously is a bit pointless on this heavy ute.

scottryana

There was a company that made fiberglass hood and tailgate, for the Aussie market I imagine since 80's see some kind of off-road competition there. But I have not seen them in years.

I know it’s unusual to see carbon fiber parts on a fj80, but does anybody know of someone who makes carbon fiber hoods for example

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

After having worked with CF in my last company by incorporating it into RED cameras, anyone working with the stuff isn’t charging enough. There is one person here on MUD that made one/had one made. But it was a long time ago.

Closest I've found...

Seibon was working on one 4-5 years ago but I suspect they decided the market wasn't there... I was working with them on another project but they never responded on it after we wrapped that up.... they had a significant management / distributor swap change I suspect that refocused them.

Top Bottom