FJ62 hasn't ran in 10+ years-Need advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some pics

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

IMG_4064.JPG

IMG_4067.JPG

Just snagged an upholstery cleaner from a buddy and will get to deep cleaning these seats and carpet asap.

Door panels are pretty rough too, hopefully I can breathe new like and luster into this thing before I destroy it myself.

Total side note, anyone have templates for the C Pillar air vent flaps? Mine are non existent and I wanted to replace em before I spend $$$ redoing my AC with R134A

Well, I ultimately caved and paid a local shop to detail the interior..... well worth the $120. It looks brand new!

As for the function of the car, I still need to replace the cheap aftermarket stereo with something that works, convert&fill AC to 134 and then clean up windows so they move at an acceptable speed.

I’m gonna start removing axles, springs and hangers over the next few weeks for the SOA and to swap in 63” Chevy 2500 springs in the Rear, and stock height MAF 60 series springs in front.

Yes actually! Closing the new year with it sitting back on its own weight.

Currently the rig sits on springs, shackle angle is essentially where I want it. NOTHING is final welded into place. All spring hangers/shackle mounts are tack welded in only. The springs and perches are loosely held on with U Bolts so I can set pinion angle and play around a little.

I stretched the wheelbase approx 3” total.

Again, this is ready for final measurements.

Front springs are Stock height MAF 60 series springs. (Provided roughly 9.5” lift from stock height)

Rear springs are (5) leaf Chevy 2500 63” springs. (Provided roughly 8” lift from stock height)

C0634816-77C4-4404-8A28-DE16E6AF5873.jpeg

AA05F12D-DFB7-483D-BD2E-EFB2FF5C46E2.jpeg

3E61F459-2A7D-4178-A000-C7B489617E40.jpeg

BD0136D6-8F7E-4B5D-A98E-C7BEBFD1A9D6.jpeg

2F39EEE5-FD4B-4C08-8793-08760E7EE8AE.jpeg

Whoa that thing is huge. Did you c&t the axles?

Have not done the C&T yet, but it is planned before I finish it. The tires it has on are currently 29” stock 4Runner wheels/tires.

Plan is to run 35s and have a rear tire carrier and a winch up front. The added weight will help it sit lower. Plus the brand new front springs will settle

Yes actually! Closing the new year with it sitting back on its own weight.

Currently the rig sits on springs, shackle angle is essentially where I want it. NOTHING is final welded into place. All spring hangers/shackle mounts are tack welded in only. The springs and perches are loosely held on with U Bolts so I can set pinion angle and play around a little.

I stretched the wheelbase approx 3” total.

Again, this is ready for final measurements.

Front springs are Stock height MAF 60 series springs. (Provided roughly 9.5” lift from stock height)

Rear springs are (5) leaf Chevy 2500 63” springs. (Provided roughly 8” lift from stock height)

View attachment 1601130

View attachment 1601131

View attachment 1601132

View attachment 1601133

View attachment 1601134

Let this be a lesson to us all, never skip leg day.

In all seriousness, this thing looks awesome! When I first got my 62 I was really really wanting to do SOA, and since your cruiser is the same spec as mine I can live out my fantasies with your cruiser! Keep it up!

Whoa that thing is huge. Did you c&t the axles?

Have not done the C&T yet, but it is planned before I finish it. The tires it has on are currently 29” stock 4Runner wheels/tires.

Plan is to run 35s and have a rear tire carrier and a winch up front. The added weight will help it sit lower. Plus the brand new front springs will settle

Supposedly fj62s have more caster built into the housing than an fj60, so a c&t isn’t as necessary. I don’t know exact specs though.

Updates*** Axles were dropped off at Valley Hybrids for @orangefj45 to have his guys work their magic on.

They will be doing C&T, 4.88s w/ ARBs, diff armor for both front and rear, installing 4Runner front brakes and doing full rebuilds of both axles with new seals throughout.

Once I get em back, I’ll be installing shock mounts, adding all new brake lines, measuring for new shocks (**please offer advice on what to get**) then I’ll be lengthing my front drive shaft, adding a double CV to the rear drive shaft and then scouring the earth for a deal on 35” rubber.

Bumpers and sliders will come down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom