FJ60 & FJ62 Front Speaker Adapters and Spacer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@TheNeek Just received them today! Will post a picture of them when they are installed. Thanks again!

Interested, but I got a message that says your inbox is full. Please PM me with instructions on how to order.

Also, can others chime in and advise on what speakers you've used? I presume they're all 5.25" speakers, correct?

If any of you need replacement 6x carpet to go along with your new speakers, let me know!

Thanks,
David

Interested, but I got a message that says your inbox is full. Please PM me with instructions on how to order.

Also, can others chime in and advise on what speakers you've used? I presume they're all 5.25" speakers, correct?

If any of you need replacement 6x carpet to go along with your new speakers, let me know!

Thanks,
David

Sorry David. I just emptied my inbox (I didn't know it would fill up). I just sent you a message.

The speakers I used are in the original post of this thread. I bought them because they were the thinnest I could find. They sound OK, but I'm sure there are better ones out there. @red66toy used some good looking Pioneer units, but I haven't heard them yet. Still probably better than the ones I used. Yes, the adapters only work for 5.25" speakers and I have not heard from anyone saying the speakers they purchased do not fit the hole pattern. Most speakers I see have slotted holes to make installation more flexible.

Sorry David. I just emptied my inbox (I didn't know it would fill up). I just sent you a message.

The speakers I used are in the original post of this thread. I bought them because they were the thinnest I could find. They sound OK, but I'm sure there are better ones out there. @red66toy used some good looking Pioneer units, but I haven't heard them yet. Still probably better than the ones I used. Yes, the adapters only work for 5.25" speakers and I have not heard from anyone saying the speakers they purchased do not fit the hole pattern. Most speakers I see have slotted holes to make installation more flexible.

I put in a pair of Pioneer TS-G1320S . They were an improvement over the old speakers that used to be in there. Fit with no issues, @TheNeek 's mounting rings were perfect and help space the speakers out a little to help with clearance. The speakers would sound better with an amp hooked up I am sure but they are good.

Finally got around to installing these guys...
Kicker CSC5 5.25" 225W 2 Way 4 Ohm Coaxial Car

They sound so much better and bolted right in with the speaker adapters from @TheNeek .
Thanks again!

Last edited:
These are awesome. Well worth $30 to not have to dig out the jig saw.

I used these speakers from Amazon. Decent for $37. I used 3/4" machine screws to attach the speaker grill to the door card.

IMG_3389.jpeg
IMG_3516.jpeg

@TheNeek When I replaced the speakers originally (before having your spacers), they were broken beyond repair so I chucked them. I now wish that I had kept them. Live and learn.

But, I am thinking more and more about moving in the custom door card direction with the ~$90 Australian door cards and trying to figure out 6.5" components.

Are most folks finding that 5 1/4" speakers fit behind the stock grilles? Thinking about something like these but don't want to be forced into an aftermarket grille:

Amazon product ASIN B01E8OYTGY

Here is a pic of mine without the aftermarket grills. My door cards are pretty warped, but hope this helps. The 5.25" fits just fine back there.

I was able to use the speaker adapters and retain the factory grills. The speakers that I used are on Amazon and are called:
RetroSound R-525N 5.25" Stereo Replacement Speaker
by RetroSound

I want to start by saying thank you for making these. Anyone making a niche Landcruiser product, understands it is a labor of love, myself included. Has anyone installed these into the Japanese HJ61 Yet? I have the factory Technics Stereo with separate amp and the Chrome speaker covers. My door cards are the velour diamond stitch style. I already did a 24v to 12v step down transformer install and put in a double din nav headunit. It’s time to do the speakers, which amazingly have not rotted out, but lack in overall sound quality.

Thanks @TheNeek for the adapters. Installed new speakers with heavy gauge wiring. Another unique development by fellow forum member.

20191228_153718.jpg

I want to start by saying thank you for making these. Anyone making a niche Landcruiser product, understands it is a labor of love, myself included. Has anyone installed these into the Japanese HJ61 Yet? I have the factory Technics Stereo with separate amp and the Chrome speaker covers. My door cards are the velour diamond stitch style. I already did a 24v to 12v step down transformer install and put in a double din nav headunit. It’s time to do the speakers, which amazingly have not rotted out, but lack in overall sound quality.

I’d assume they are the same. Can’t imagine Toyota popping out different doors .

Sorry guys but I bought the RetroSound R-525N of Crutchfield as they stated they fit the FJ62... Wrong. The first check told you twice they fit, then when you go to check out they state on one of the lines in a click through that you need to drill holes ?!?! (which I missed as I bought other things from them.).

Long story short. Be ready to NOT ONLY DRILL but have an offset as they don't even fit in the hole and teeter totter.

I was about to return as there was no way I was going to drill into door frame and introduce another rust entry point, however I just went ahead and used a thick double sided tape that supported 30 lbs. It should hold.

@TexFJ
The adapters I sell fix the exact problem you took a video of. Sorry if that wasn’t clear. With my adapters and those speakers, they will fit just like in my first post and many photos you see in this thread.

Send me a PM if you want to replace that double sided tape with a set of the adapters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom