FJ60 & FJ62 Front Speaker Adapters and Spacer (1 Viewer)

Finally got around to getting my stereo installed. Everything worked out. Previous owner of the door cards cut holes so I didn’t have to feel guilty.
Thanks for making these.

A3F0C52D-AFC2-4917-8995-643561984E13.jpeg

4A1D9ED3-1527-4C74-B3D5-6066B9B5AE0F.jpeg

Finally got around to getting my stereo installed. Everything worked out. Previous owner of the door cards cut holes so I didn’t have to feel guilty.
Thanks for making these.

View attachment 2300436

View attachment 2300437
Glad they helped. It's a bummer that so many previous installs had to resort to cutting up the door cards. It's a happy coincidence that the adapters help people in your situation.

Looking at these, they work with the stock speaker grill covers right? I want to retain that look and I believe these will, but haven’t really seen it in the pictures.

Looking at these, they work with the stock speaker grill covers right? I want to retain that look and I believe these will, but haven’t really seen it in the pictures.

I have the factory door cards with factory covers on my truck which use the adapters. I wanted to keep that look as well. It was a major driver for the design.

The adapters and 5.25" speakers are under here:

34149548974_549cbb7441_h.jpg

Have any of your speaker adapters in stock? Also, I’m missing one factory grill cover - have any of those by chance?

I have the factory door cards with factory covers on my truck which use the adapters. I wanted to keep that look as well. It was a major driver for the design.

The adapters and 5.25" speakers are under here:

34149548974_549cbb7441_h.jpg
Which speakers did you install under there?

Which speakers did you install under there?
I’m printing these to order. PM me. I installed the speakers that are in post one of this thread. So far there are a bunch of people who have installed different makes and models. No one has found ones that don’t fit that I’m aware of. Sorry I don’t have any speaker covers.

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star
Just installed a pair of Pioneer TS-G520 with @TheNeek speaker rings and the fit was great. Speakers do not interfere with windows and door cards pop back in place for a stock appearance.

I’m printing these to order. PM me. I installed the speakers that are in post one of this thread. So far there are a bunch of people who have installed different makes and models. No one has found ones that don’t fit that I’m aware of. Sorry I don’t have any speaker covers.
Thanks - let me look into new speakers then I’ll get back to you about an order. Cool idea!

I took an idea I had for an FJ60 & FJ62 front speaker adapter and have started printing pairs of them for sale. I'll try to keep the machine running as long as their are orders. Thanks for everyone's interest.

$30 Shipped in the lower 48, w/ hardware. Message me.

40546924801_c280d4f4d6_b.jpg

I used these speakers but I know that others have been used with the adapters:
Amazon.com: RetroSound R-525N 5.25" Stereo Replacement Speaker: Automotive
Hey, would you be willing to sell the .stl file? I have a 3D printer and am about to install these.
Thanks!

is it possible to install 6.5” speakers? Has anyone tried? Or does that require putting a bigger hole in the front door frame?
I want bigger speakers!!!!

Is that a thing in the 3D print world? A paid download and then you have the file?

Think for what your getting it’s well worth the asking price.
Yep! If you got a printer thats big enough to print the file then you’re good to go. It’s a wild world.

Looks good! Those are actually the same front speakers I had in my Jeep. I should have kept them when I sold it.

That’s the exact spot I’ll be installing my tweeters. Where did you install your amp to drive those? I can put my amp under the driver’s seat but I have a panel subwoofer I need to find a spot for.

And if the 6.5” fits then @TheNeek adapters may work as well....

Looks good! Those are actually the same front speakers I had in my Jeep. I should have kept them when I sold it.

That’s the exact spot I’ll be installing my tweeters. Where did you install your amp to drive those? I can put my amp under the driver’s seat but I have a panel subwoofer I need to find a spot for.

And if the 6.5” fits then @TheNeek adapters may work as well....

Good to hear. I put the coaxial version of the same speakers in the cargo panels at the same time, and I've been pretty happy with everything so far.

I put the amp under the drivers seat, and have a Kenwood powered sub under the passenger seat. Still struggling with some engine whine coming through, so am thinking that I either need to spend more on an amp, get a noise filter, or find someone who knows what they are doing to tune the amp. We'll see.

Good luck with your speakers.

Dave

Good to hear. I put the coaxial version of the same speakers in the cargo panels at the same time, and I've been pretty happy with everything so far.

I put the amp under the drivers seat, and have a Kenwood powered sub under the passenger seat. Still struggling with some engine whine coming through, so am thinking that I either need to spend more on an amp, get a noise filter, or find someone who knows what they are doing to tune the amp. We'll see.

Good luck with your speakers.

Dave
Did the grills that came with the speakers not work? Just get a noise filter to start, they are cheap, a more expensive amp will probably have the same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom