fj45 rear bumper ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rear FJ45 Bumper is tacked in place. I am very happy with how is has come together. We will weld it out and powder coat next week.

REAR BUMER WITH CLEVIS.jpg
REAR BUMPER REAR VIEW.jpg
REAR BUMER GLAMER SHOT.jpg
REAR BUMPER SIDE VIEW.jpg
REAR BUMPER VIEW.jpg
REAR VIEW.jpg
REAR BUMPER VIEW.jpg

BRACKET TIG WELD.jpg

We will probably end up with a few different configurations. Assuming some people may not want reverse lights, clevises or the @65swb45 jack lip.

Currently designed to mounted to the frame with (qty. 12) 14mm Grade-8 bolts, 6 per side.

REAR  BUMPER TACKEED.jpg

The bumper is coming along nicely. Are you going to spray the top of it with bed liner so it won’t be a slip hazard to step up onto?

The bumper is coming along nicely. Are you going to spray the top of it with bed liner so it won’t be a slip hazard to step up onto?
Personally, I think that is a slippery slope! Are other bumper vendors offering something like that?

We will offer it in a dozen or so colors of powder coat, we’re not setup to spray wet paint or Bedliner. We could laser etch the top to give it a little texture?

I am trying to make bumper with a few different options and colors. We would be happy to sell it in raw metal or even sell the components so you can DIY.

Any thoughts on how to mount the license plate? Or a hitch mount would work.

^Good catch and question. (... with a light as necessary in some states)

Can always use light bolts but yes. A light is needed.

😂 I had to google “light bolts.” I’m such a putz.

Where is the license plate mount on the stock LWB rigs? I’ve never paid attention, just to the SWB rigs and they’re on the tailgate.

LWB 45’s have a factory bracket that bolts just under the right rear corner.

The license plate location and bracket is still a work in progress.

The current plan is to fabricate a license plate bracket that resembles a stock 40 series front license plate bracket or use an OEM. The plan is to incorporate a OEM 40 series license plate light. We would bolt it to the underside of bumper or the forward side of the tow hitch receiver.
Playing around with the location, few location options.
screen shot.PNG
screen shot 2.PNG

screen shot 3.PNG

For those who do not want a tow receiver, reverse lights or clevises. their would be more placement plate options.

@Michael B that is interesting, I need to do a little research to see what the original license plate option looked like. I do see a light incorporated into the passenger brake light assembly for a license plate.

Honestly we can put a license plate bracket anywhere, but I am still looking for a good solution.

@Michael B that is interesting, I need to do a little research to see what the original license plate option looked like. I do see a light incorporated into the passenger brake light assembly for a license plate.

Honestly we can put a license plate bracket anywhere, but I am still looking for a good solution.

The reason the OEM LPB Licence place bracket is long gone is because they got knocked off being in that spot. Mine still has it because they moved it up to the bumper and it still gets smashed

72542295-5ACA-4D81-84A0-A53811EC1C6B.jpeg

D88B1ADE-D640-4621-87C0-0B82C1CCE081.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom