FJ45 LPB Water pump bypass hose connection / what fitting needed? see picture (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess the answer if Matt has one is "no". He sold me the exact one you had pictured above (GMB, Japan marking and cast fitting). I looked back only to be amazed that I purchased it almost 3 year ago.

Hopefully you can find a rebuild kit and your back in business.

1704990819383.png

early water pump.jpg

I threw several cores away last year with that fitting on it; I assumed that they were readily available.🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks to ALL that helped! Looks like I have a solution. A guy that worked at Delta with me is an unbelievable welder, fabricator. I ran it by him and he came up with a solution. He took the original heater fitting that I got from Napa (screwed into water pump) that was way to small for hose and welded a piece on it. Only issue I had to remove the radiator surround because I did not have a 7/8" stubby to tighten it.
When I take something to him he likes to think about it a while. Same guy fixed the radio cutout in my dash and also cut out in doors for speakers.

The shop that built the engine is sending lead mechanic down (3 hour drive one way) on Wednesday. This beast is going to be fired up for the first time in well over 20 years. I have tried to anticipate everything needed but sure seems like it is good to go. I sure hope so...

IMG_4534.jpeg

IMG_4543.jpeg

IMG_4544.jpeg

Thanks to ALL that helped! Looks like I have a solution. A guy that worked at Delta with me is an unbelievable welder, fabricator. I ran it by him and he came up with a solution. He took the original heater fitting that I got from Napa (screwed into water pump) that was way to small for hose and welded a piece on it. Only issue I had to remove the radiator surround because I did not have a 7/8" stubby to tighten it.
When I take something to him he likes to think about it a while. Same guy fixed the radio cutout in my dash and also cut out in doors for speakers.

The shop that built the engine is sending lead mechanic down (3 hour drive one way) on Wednesday. This beast is going to be fired up for the first time in well over 20 years. I have tried to anticipate everything needed but sure seems like it is good to go. I sure hope so...

View attachment 3531122

View attachment 3531123

View attachment 3531124
Looks great! Perfect solution :clap::clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom