FJ45 at Disneyland?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yep,

I saw this one waiting in line for the Grizzly River Run. Its a water rapids ride at Disney's California Adventure Park, right next to Disneyland in Anaheim.

FJ45.jpg

they are basically using it as a prop. Any body else seen it or know anything about it?

do a search...been there for a couple of years.

Finally a real reason to visit Disney.

I did search, "Disneyland" and "California" in the 45 section.

0 results. :flipoff2:

yeah, just found them in Chat.

It's acquired alot of rust over the past 2-3 years.

Too bad.

I wonder if that winch would fit in a backpack.

I was just there last week and thought that it was a mirage. I checked the poor girl out and I think rust has got the better of her. Truly the only reason to visit disneyhell. Jason

I wonder if someone could sneak one of those tailgate chains off for me? Seems like they could get by with just one of them for their purpose. :hillbilly:

Even then it had no emblems though. Is that a Disney policy?

I was thinking the same thing.

God forbid they give Toyota any publicity.:rolleyes:

They should just stick an old willy's in there instead, they are a dime a Dozen:flipoff2:

Sorry to dredge up this ancient thread, but

I saw the infamous disney FJ45 this weekend during the Disneyland half marathon. It was on the back lot with a hand written tag on it that saitd "To Property Control" which means they are doing something with it. Could mean it is being ficpxed back up for display as the rust has gotten very bad, the bottom of thr doors are now rusted through.

On the other hand they may be just scrapping it due to the rust. I didnt get a detailed look as I was running fast to try and set a personal record and we couldnt back track to that part of the course.

I know various people have talk about tryimg to get that truck from Disney over the years. Now may be the time to try if anyone wants it.

I used to work at Disney.... Property Control is the department that takes all things old and need to be disposed of. It usually means they are going to sell it. Have to be a Disney employee, or with an employee to purchase.

Any Disney employee or a theme park employee? I know a few imagineers.

Last edited:
Kelly you are a little Goofy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using IH8MUD

Kelly you are a little Goofy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using IH8MUD

I was not tall enough for that job!!

I would be perfectly cast for it though. Nope, I was a tour guide.

Anyway, down in the Florida location they have a property control location where they have auctions periodically for stuff. Should be any Disney employee. Good luck.

Received this email back today:

"Dear Mark,

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

Unfortunately, the truck mentioned is not for sell. We apologize for any
disappointment this may cause you and your family.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Experience Services"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom