Wanted FJ40 Power Steering cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's okay... dropped by my in-law's garage to pick this up:

IMG_4119.JPG

You'll be happier with a new one made in stainless anyway... but if you insist on original, I may be willing to sell this for the $$$ of a reproduction.

Let me say this sorry I didn't give the original poster first shot i really wasn't thinking . I really thought about posting best offer. Then I thought about all the ,this is not ebay post.

Let me say this sorry I didn't give the original poster first shot i really wasn't thinking . I really thought about posting best offer. Then I thought about all the ,this is not ebay post.
No worries, I think everyone will win. If you are ever in California, I would still buy you a beer!

Yeah i'm stoked you are willing to do this Superduper! might classic tube also have some of the hold down clip things?

Yeah i'm stoked you are willing to do this Superduper! might classic tube also have some of the hold down clip things?

I still have them... there's a rubber isolator and metal clip. Each isolator/bushing & clip were spot welded together onto the cooler line. I'll take photos and maybe someone has some ideas for a solution. I haven't put much thought/research into it yet since I have a few simultaneous 40-series power steering related projects going at the moment.

I'm hoping this works out. Maybe this will serve as a model for others to contribute. It would be nice to order a part and have it reproduced on demand. CNC bent hard lines now and maybe 3D printed thermostat outlet in the not too distant future... How about having any bell housing 3D printed in aluminum? There's was someone on the diesel forum looking for injector lines not too long ago. So, this could have a wider benefit to the community if all goes well.

Take some photos and record some dims, I could model it up and get some quotes from a sheet metal place.

Shipped via UPS today & insured it for $300. Should be able to update everyone by the end of next week.

No big... it's so light that shipping was only $15. If you and I cross paths... you can buy me a beer and call it even.

Just got off the phone with Cliff at Classic Tube; the part is getting catalogued and will be available for order on the website soon. A new stainless steel line will be $120-$150. Will know a final price once it's been digitized.

Fantastic, thanks dude!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom