FJ40 parts vendors? not cruiserparts.net (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

I bought my first FJ40 ('72) and have been rebuilding the drive train. Anyone know of a good vendor to get parts from? I had used cruiser parts .net and in my opinion have received poor customer service. I'm looking for someone who is a little better at delivering on their promises. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to rebuilt the transfer case and suspension next. Currently doing a disc brake conversion and rebuilding the front and rear diffs.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for the quick responses. New to ih8mud and didn't know the vendor section would be the place to post. Thanks for the information. I'll reach out to cruiser outfitters

All the resources listed above are top notch. I'll add Specter Offroad to the list. They've gotten a lot of my money over the years.

I am kind of shocked that cruiserparts.net didn't stand up for you. I have used them in numerous builds and they have gotten me everything I need to finish. Best of Luck

Not bashing, just adding my one and only experience with Cruiserparts.net. I ordered a water pump from their site based on the picture (of OEM-looking part) with a OEM Toyota part number listed, also listed as new from Japan. After way too long, I received a GMB pump of very poor quality at nearly double the price of the GMB pump elsewhere online. They were just ok to deal with about the return, but would only take the GMB back if I swapped it out with something else. They offered to order a Nissan Pump that was closer to OEM specs than the GMB (they say - I have no idea), but it has been a lengthy process - over a month - and the price was not competitive with other online vendors. Ultimately, I'm not in a huge hurry and they did step up and did cover the return shipping, but I was not impressed overall and probably won't use them again unless they are offering something I can't get somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom