Fj40 metal dash removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i need to replace my metal dash and am looking for some advice. Other than the two main welds on the right and left hand side what other welds need to be cut? Do all of the spot welds under the dash pad need to be cut too? Thanks

the glove box needs to be cut free, also there are spot welds all along the top edge by the windshield frame.

X1000 on a good spot weld cutter I use a Blair rotobroach but I drill a pilot hole same size as the pilot on the spot weld cutter first
Eliminates the cutter walking and smashing your knuckles on the dash on mine there was a weld down both sides of dash onto door jambs I cut just inside the weld with a zip cut

Thanks for the information. The dash that I am working on is from a 1976 fj40. The new dash that I have to install has two holes that are not in my current dash. They are on the right hand side next to the glove box door. One larger hole and one smaller hole, they look stock any idea what these are or what year this dash might be from?

Thanks for the information. The dash that I am working on is from a 1976 fj40. The new dash that I have to install has two holes that are not in my current dash. They are on the right hand side next to the glove box door. One larger hole and one smaller hole, they look stock any idea what these are or what year this dash might be from?
Dash Map Light from 1972 model?

Actually I answered my own question... the large hole is for the it is a soft top dome light and the small hole is for the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom