Wanted FJ40 Dash cut out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rkymtnflyfisher

Trout Bum
Threads
I am in need of a section of dash cut out around the radio hole for a 74 FJ40, the PO hacked mine up and I would like to weld a clean section in before I get ready to paint. Needs to be about 3-4" all the way around the radio hole.

I'll try to post up a pic of my dash this evening.

20170214_205526.jpg

I might have something you can weld/piece together if you can't find a complete radio opening. I'll post pictures today. I'm in Takoma Park, MD. If that's nearby, you can get it for free.

I might have something you can weld/piece together if you can't find a complete radio opening. I'll post pictures today. I'm in Takoma Park, MD. If that's nearby, you can get it for free.

I'm out in the Hagerstown area

Got the day off to spend some time in the garage. Here's a picture of the dash. There's enough there for you to work with. No sweat if you can find a better section that doesn't require as much work.

IMG_3988.JPG

@SuperDuperCruizer looks like that may be a different year model of dash, I got a PM last night about a section. Waiting on pics from that one. I don't know if I can make that section you have work out, but then again all the curves and bends are there.....

1490622755797-1785070898.jpg

That was my thinking... you could piece something together that's close to stock. The bottom radio bracket is there. I have an unmolested dash you could use as a reference but like you said, this is an 81 BJ42 dash. Should be similar if not the same. Here's the dash from my 81 FJ40:

IMG_3926.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom