FJ40 cup holders - Give me some feedback please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are people doing for cup holders if you have a bench seat???

View attachment 1368138
If you have some mounting bolts that are accessible at the bottom of the bench seat frame I would be willing to make some adjustments for a bench seat model. Or I can try an ash tray or steering column version. Let me know.

@Ranchrider I can try and look around. Do you know the outside diameter of the cup you have?

Got a Yeti mug for Christmas that is just a tad too big to fit in the cup holder so..... if you do find an insert with a bigger diameter, I'd be interested also!

I also got a Yeti 20oz tumber and it does not fit the cup holder insert. But everything else fits perfectly.

Last edited:
Maybe just make the plastic inserts just straight all the way down with out the step then a guy could maybe use foam to size it to fit his mug of choice. Just an idea to help out in design hell i just want one to stop things from falling over

I also received a 20 oz yeti, so I will start doing a little r and d and see what we can come up with.

Are you still making these? I was looking at potentially converting the ash tray to a pop out drink holder. Has anyone tried that?

beer can hat.jpg
What are people doing for cup holders if you have a bench seat???

View attachment 1368138

If you have some mounting bolts that are accessible at the bottom of the bench seat frame I would be willing to make some adjustments for a bench seat model. Or I can try an ash tray or steering column version. Let me know.

I also have a bench seat and looking for cup holder options...The under the steering column looked like it would be perfect would love to buy one...was that design ever made?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Are you still making these? I was looking at potentially converting the ash tray to a pop out drink holder. Has anyone tried that?

Wow, wish I found this thread earlier...I just ordered one of these:
Etsy - Sign In
full

Im going to try and add a dual USB port once it arrives.
But he also makes this for the Ashtray:
Cup Holder Ashtray Insert 40 Series 81-84

cup holder 2.jpg

And he also has a pretty nice looking Ashtray replacement for only $40...I ordered one of these too as mine is missing.

Last edited:
Love the designs and ideas. I went the easy route and just mounted a Tuffy cup holder to the front of the console (Standard Drink Holder). It fits good and standard cups and water bottles don't hit the shifter. I have a second one I'm planning to mount on the rear swing out door behind the spare tire.

View attachment 1312117

Some 3+ Years later, did the Tuffy stay on as your prime cupholder or did you replace it?

I am making and shipping some new and improved cup holders that bolt to the factory center console. Some MUD members have requested them so I am going to make a batch and get them out the door. Hopefully some more information will be available soon with pricing and pictures. Thanks MUD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom