Builds fj40 1/2 xtra cab build (long) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sorry for being a smart a$$ there, a little too much alcohol in the system last night.:eek: I'll look for the seam you are talking about today.

Hey Mike,
Thanks for having your LC around for me to take a look at.
Really nice. Looked like it was ready for anything.

Thanks. It sounds like you are going to go through a bit of a transformation on your rig. You will be happy with their work, and hopefully i'll get to help a bit where i can. I've got some cool ideas brewing for some tubing work.

Mike

is there a thread that goes over the xtra cab hard top you mentioned earlier? Or has that project been delayed/changed?

is there a thread that goes over the xtra cab hard top you mentioned earlier? Or has that project been delayed/changed?

No thread on it yet. The project is in the design phase and close to starting up. We have some cool stuff brewing for the build.

Looking forward to seeing it! (hopefully here on MUD?)

Looking forward to seeing it! (hopefully here on MUD?)

No, the build will not be on mud. Hopefully you will see it @ CM'10.

Sick ass !!!!!!!!!!! Wow !!!!!!!

Just an update.
Relocated front axle back to original location to run stock fenders.
Sold the beadlocks and had stock steelies widened to 10", powder coated grey, and removed bias txl/sx for 37" truxxus radials.
Installed a crate tbi 350, h55, split case with 3:1 gears.
Custom rear swing out tire carrier.
Custom soft top with oem repro bows covering windshield to tailgate, hard doors with electric windows, vintage air a/c.
Pictures to follow.

OK. Updated pics from today.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=606005&stc=1&d=1330646375
20120301_02.jpg
20120301_01.jpg
20120301_03_01.jpg

Thanks guys.
I decided yesterday that I am going to build a hard top for the xtra cab, to go with the troopy top and grey soft top that I originally used. I will post up the fab work when I get started on it. Should be fun !

It's looking good, Mike!

I still wish we could have got the 1GR-FE to work in there. Maybe when I get the time and money, I'll figure out how to make it a viable option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom