FJ25 Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was posting in another thread but I’m the sorry sucker that bought it. I’ll start a thread for it soon and post a link.

And for everyone saying I don’t know what I’m getting myself into. You’re right!!! ;) but I have an LV so I have some idea, figure I’ll just multiply by 1000. I’ll have it either home or to my friends shop on Tuesday and start posting plenty of pics. It’s REALLY REALLY rusty gold.

Interesting documentary about Joseph Ganz, who designed a car that became the beetle later. He was Jewish and his design was stolen by Hitler and given to Ferdinand Porsche who redesigned the car and brought it to the market. a Dutch tech journalist did research. He found all the photos and design on microfilm in Australia. the journalist was invited at a symposium by Volkswagen where he was allowed to tell his story. But even after all these years they still totally denied Ganz’ roll in the design process.

AD3700AA-D25B-43FC-BDE2-6145265D790E.jpeg

I just found this pink FJ28 while looking for something else. There must be a thread about it already, isn't there?

129-SM6754_Toyota-LandCruiserFJ28_Alaska-Chile-640x427.jpg

I just found this pink FJ28 while looking for something else. There must be a thread about it already, isn't there?

View attachment 2215859
Here it is

Interesting documentary about Joseph Ganz, who designed a car that became the beetle later. He was Jewish and his design was stolen by Hitler and given to Ferdinand Porsche who redesigned the car and brought it to the market. a Dutch tech journalist did research. He found all the photos and design on microfilm in Australia. the journalist was invited at a symposium by Volkswagen where he was allowed to tell his story. But even after all these years they still totally denied Ganz’ roll in the design process.

View attachment 2202433

Thanks for this. Who would have guessed Hitler stole his stuff. Seems stealing was pretty much a Hitler trait.

I'm just curious if anyone else gets thumb cramps scrolling down the main page to get to the 25 section at the bottom on their phone? Spend over half the year where only internet is thru my phone and just ends up being my main internet all year. At least the 55 are listed with the 40s at the top. Even 45s get posted there (probably because the 45 poster doesn't even know there is a 45 section at the bottom of the main page). I get the feeling the 2X series are the Rodney Dangerfield of Land Cruisers on Mud. They get no respect.

I'm just curious if anyone else gets thumb cramps scrolling down the main page to get to the 25 section at the bottom on their phone? I get the feeling the 2X series are the Rodney Dangerfield of Land Cruisers on Mud. They get no respect.

I do think it's funny that the 25 & 45 sections are separated from the 40 and at the bottom of the long list of others. I just see it as a the finer end of the Land Cruiser lineage appreciated by a smaller group. You think there'll be a 30 Series section one day? :D No, probably not.

How’s everyone doing with the corona thing?

Have enough TP?

Food?

Man the crazies are out ... here I thought it was just the cruiser owners ... it’s everybody at the food store as well

My family of 6 is a bit much 24/7 in 1400 sqft (approx) house lol ... it’s like I have 4 kids in ISS (in school suspension) and I have them ALL day :meh: (good thing I love my kids :) )

For those with kids... you can get them to do what you want when you ration the snacks lol

But... keep them under lock and key

How u guys holding up?

Have enough TP?

Food?

Man the crazies are out ... here I thought it was just the cruiser owners ... it’s everybody at the food store as well

My family of 6 is a bit much 24/7 in 1400 sqft (approx) house lol ... it’s like I have 4 kids in ISS (in school suspension) and I have them ALL day :meh: (good thing I love my kids :) )

For those with kids... you can get them to do what you want when you ration the snacks lol

How u guys holding up?
I'm going a little bat-$@% with my temporary "stay at home dad" job the past two weeks but now that you mention your family of 6, I should probably be thankful! I made a contraption on my bicycle to tow both kids (safely I promise, I do love them like crazy) and have been trying to just be outdoors as much as possible. Do a little camping. I've turned my shower into a bidet to conserve our precious golden TP. I just basically stand on my head. I never realized how important TP was until other people wanted mine.

I have been spending a lot more time in the garage in the evenings, the need for "me time" is a little more crucial now. My nonperishable beer keeps perishing into my stomach though, so I'll have to go get more of that.

Seriously though it seems like the grocery stores are starting to catch up, I think people have run out of room to store stuff. So hopefully at least the hoarding part of this is over. Sounds like there's a little good news out of China, that their efforts are making a difference for their population so hopefully it does for ours as well? Let's pray this is all making a difference and it becomes a story in a few years... "hey remember all that coronavirus stuff?"

I've got it pretty easy. Just my wife and I in the house and we both really like each other and are both still working. I'm installing glass in a high rise in L.A. but honestly my crew is the only one that seems to be cautious about this whole thing. We take the stairs every morning (currently on the 19th floor) and wear masks and gloves and spray stuff down with alcohol all day long. The rest of the guys on site pack in the manlift without any protection and work that way all day. Crazy.

At home it's bike rides and walks together and thank God I've got the LV chassis in the garage. Being that everything I was doing 5 nights a week is shut down, now I'm in the garage at least 5-6 nights each week in addition to Saturday and Sunday.

Yeah the stores are mellowing out but you still can't get TP in my area unless you camp out in the morning. What's up with that? Thank God there's no beer shortage.
IMG_20200318_130821974~2.jpg

Have enough TP?

Food?

How u guys holding up?
We're great, so far. Also have 4 kids trying to learn from home. My wife finally ventured out to the city to Costco and got TP before we ran out. She and the oldest boy are baking muffins fast enough to just stay ahead of the ravenous youngsters.

My business is considered 'essential' so I'm allowed to come to the office but most people are at home. I think I'm sharing 165,000sq ft with a dozen other people.

fortunately, i had just bought a bale at sams club before the great tp shortage of 2020 hit. i did have all my employees on the search for eggs for me and one guy finally found me a couple dozen. other than that, doing good...wishing i got a paid vaca like so many of my friends do, but we are "essential employees" according to homeland security (get a special little card and all to say so) so still working full time. imagine all the stuff i could procrastinate on getting done if i had two weeks off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom