FJ-62 T-case actuator solenoids (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check your latest Toyota Trails (Jan-Feb 2007) page 34. More detals there.

Short story:

Toyota part # 89570-60050. FJ60 ABV VCV. Approx $110 from your dealer. Not identical but very close and funtions perfectly. Some on the shelfs in the Toyota parts system. Not sure how many or if it is still in production.

More importantly this can probably be scrounged pretty easily from anyone with used parts or any rig in a scrap yard.

Mark...

Last edited:
There is a valve on 95-99 Subaru Lagacy wagons I will bet 20 bucks will work, and I beleive the electrical connector is the same. It is the EGR valve solenoid. I will find a part # for sure.

I sold the Subaru, so I can't look for the part, although I bet most dealers have some or at least one in stock...
BTW (Not the Outback, I had the standard wagon)

if your in need of one......let me know I got a spare or two.....brand new....and not a discontinued part.

Within the last two weeks?

I orderd the 88690-2B340 back in early September and there was not an issue getting them...

Probably because you just got the last two that were in the Toyota distribution network... ;)

I put four on B/O....we will see what happens....

:beer:

hate to say it......but if your talking about the celica idel up..........dan is wrong this time

Edit........they might be dead now......none in the US.......none showing that they are coming....but we ordered some anyway......prolly got em in japan.....so will see in a few weeks.

Cdan confirmed, it is a discontinued part....I will still check on that valve on my subaru that is virtually the exact thing...

Last edited:
That would be great since 88690-2B340 is no longer available.

Toyota does however use a number of other electrically controlled vacuum switching valves in other applications that I am sure could be made to work with not a whole lot of screwing around or $$$.

I have a couple 4runners here that have some different ones on the engine and I am going to remove a few and install them into this application and see what happens..

Keep us posted on the Suby part.

:beer:

There's a solenoid on top of the 22re (not sure of the original use of the solenoid) that has the correct plug. I made a post on it on the truck section of the forum. I'll try to find a link.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=88677

90910-12084 has the correct plug. I just ziptied it into place because it had a different mounting bracket than the original part. But it gets the job done. These engines are all over the place, so it shouldn't be hard to source.

Last edited:
There's a solenoid on top of the 22re (not sure of the original use of the solenoid) that has the correct plug. I made a post on it on the truck section of the forum. I'll try to find a link.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=88677

90910-12084 has the correct plug. I just ziptied it into place because it had a different mounting bracket than the original part. But it gets the job done. These engines are all over the place, so it shouldn't be hard to source.
Nice work. I'm heading to check the 22re's out at the wreckers. Those parts look like they will work, but those hoses look to be a smaller diameter?

Im not gonna harp on this too much cuz i think i stepped on some toes earlier in the thread, but the mac valves are really a sinch. Snip the old wires, put crimp connectors on them, connect to new valves, stick the hoses on, four wheel it. Getting the valves tidy might take 5 minutes to make a new bracket, but zip ties hold them on the stock bracket just fine.

Do what you want, but dont think the MAC valves are involved or anything.

I'm beginning to think the MAC valve is the way to go. Who'd a thunk it!!
:doh:

Last edited:
Nice work. I'm heading to check the 22re's out at the wreckers. Those parts look like they will work, but those hoses look to be a smaller diameter?

I went to the wreckers, $3 canadian each. So I bought a couple. Also, I found the 12084s are in toyota tercels as well. Just needed to r&r some of them to get the right set-up. I haven't tried them yet (as the new 13bt isn't in my FJ40 yet. Should work perfect, they seem exactly the same as the 24vlt vacuum shut off switch. Thanks:beer:

new Toy solenoid part number

I only replaced the bottom one. I ordered 2, but they only ordered 1 for some reason. Works like a charm. I will be ordering another in the next little bit here as a backup...

Moody,
I know it's been six months since you successfully swapped your bunk solenoid but would you mind confirming that the part ala "Hanger" is a 90/91 Celica part #886902B340? Is that what you ordered? Thanks for the advice.

Moody,
I know it's been six months since you successfully swapped your bunk solenoid but would you mind confirming that the part ala "Hanger" is a 90/91 Celica part #886902B340? Is that what you ordered? Thanks for the advice.
If that is what it says above, that is it. I checked with CruiserDan as well-no go.

I went with probably the most reliable option you can go (same principle as the Mac Valves method, but I took it two steps further and made it look factory), but it's quite a bit of work, and my lazy ass STILL hasn't gotten the rest of the pics I need to finish the writeup I was going to post several months ago :rolleyes:

I posted a thread about it a while back with a couple pics of the finished product, and one day here I'll get the damn writeup finished.

Ironic I did that much work and now I'm planning to install an FJ60 tcase so I can have fully mechanical shifting :doh:

Edit: Here's a thread with a bit of info on what I did and what I used. I'll try to get that writeup done and posted ASAP.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=73913
thank you spook:beer:

I went to a pull it yourself junkyard and got a solenoid off of a random Toyota car for $2. I cut the plug off with it and just wired it in. First time I wired it in backward so it didn't work (I didn't know which wire was supposed to be hot). As for the MAC's, I understand that a lot of people would just rather stay with Toyota parts so it looks stock. Also, I don't think the Toyota stuff is "unreliable". I mean, mine only lasted 18 years and over 250,000 miles. :)

Part # still good!!!!

88690-2B340 is STILL available, just had another one show up after being told its a dead part but folks here and Cdan........its NOT dead, it just had to come from Japan

you can have the one that is sitting at my dealer if you want it, justs PM me.

I just bought a MAC valve but I will try to order one of the 88690-2B340 parts from my local dealer to see if I can't get my hands on one.

Got lucky today.

part # 88690-2B340 still good and in stock, its a D rated item, 3 in the country as of today, should be no problem getting more from Japan if needed.

if you dealer can't get it.........tell him to look for a job at McDonalds

I called the local Toy dealer today and ordered 2, yes, 2 solenoids, providing the part number above. Providing my lower solenoid is the only bad one, I will be willing to sell the extra at cost ($19.58 plus shipping). The gent at the Toy dealer stated it would be in by Wednesday or Thursday of this week. Sometimes the sun does shine on a dog's @$$. :)

Dear 4wdbetterthan2feet or Landpimp

I'll take the solinoid off your hands if it is still available.

Alternate Source

All the fuel injected Samurais and 8-valve, 1.6 liter Tracker/Sidekicks have the dual solenoids on the engines. The mounting bracket is slightly different but the electrical plugs and the tube connections are compatible. Here are the solenoids on a Samurai 1.3 liter. The 1.6 Track/Kick are in the same location.
Sammi-Solenoids.jpg

Taking my dremel tool to the extra blue soleniod and ground out the plastic rail. This allowed the blue solenoid to accept the orange/red plug. Now my system works like charm, looks stock and it seems that there are a lot of blue soleniods out there that still work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom